Pups in Cumbria?? Sensible price??

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Always fancied something like that myself never see them about tho

If I still had this lad about I would of had a pup myself as I would of let my mate use him over his bitch,he was beddyxwhippet collie greyhound 

953580A4-75A0-48A6-8DD3-B34940F349B9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the one I lost , cracking dog

My mates bitch is due to drop I think at the end of this month,they will be deerhound greyhound 1stx to a whippet dog.They should be hand things as he is hoping to bring the size down.I did that in 20

Been over today an got a deposit down , that brindle bitch with the white socks , caught my eye straight away, looking forward to a new journey with a new pup ?

Posted Images

Pups are silly money at the minuite. Even working bred pups in Carlisle are being sold for over a grand on the pet sites... my whippet was due to go over a beddy whippet bitch the other day but we missed her ?‍♀️ That would have been perfect for you. It’s all personal preference what people like to run but me personally I like whippets and whippet Xs. Hope you find a pup soon, good luck in your search ??

• Like 2

Tbh i don't think prices are going to come down any time soon but i do think anything £400 and below is reasonable price for a lurcher pup. 10 years ago £150-£200 was the going price but be very lucky to get anything for that money nowadays.

Got to remember welping a bitch ain't a walk in the park and there not cheap either if your feeding them a good mixed diet, wormers etc.

There a lad in my town sold his lurcher pups 800 each. He sold all of them straight away.

I also know of a lad who breeds a few bitches put a deposit on a house and gutted the full house with only the money he made off pups and bought himself a new car aswell.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, jcm said:

Tbh i don't think prices are going to come down any time soon but i do think anything £400 and below is reasonable price for a lurcher pup. 10 years ago £150-£200 was the going price but be very lucky to get anything for that money nowadays.

Got to remember welping a bitch ain't a walk in the park and there not cheap either if your feeding them a good mixed diet, wormers etc.

There a lad in my town sold his lurcher pups 800 each. He sold all of them straight away.

I also know of a lad who breeds a few bitches put a deposit on a house and gutted the full house with only the money he made off pups and bought himself a new car aswell.

Big money in breeding pups at the minute I guy I know from work is on about setting a kennel up to breed Malis crazy!. I think if the prices of Lurchers ever come down it’ll be £400-600 will be the going rate. it’s ok though apparently the flood gates of Lurchers won’t effect working lurchers quality apparently according to some people on here as working dog lads only breed for work not money ??... we know there all ready at it 

I think £200/300 is enough for a working lurcher/terrier pup... Anymore and your just greedy.. Costs no more than £250 to rear a litter on the best raw food and fish oils from past experiences, even less if the runners have filled the freezers?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Big money in breeding pups at the minute I guy I know from work is on about setting a kennel up to breed Malis crazy!. I think if the prices of Lurchers ever come down it’ll be £400-600 will be the going rate. it’s ok though apparently the flood gates of Lurchers won’t effect working lurchers quality apparently according to some people on here as working dog lads only breed for work not money ??... we know there all ready at it 

If they breeding from quality what’s it matter lol 

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Still plenty good stuff getting bred, just alot more shite for the money 

12 minutes ago, jcm said:

Still plenty good stuff getting bred, just alot more shite for the money 

For now we’re wait an see what happens we already got people on here moaning of the shit that’s bred an it being hard to get good dogs of certain crosses it’ll only get harder because of insensitive of money 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I think £200/300 is enough for a working lurcher/terrier pup... Anymore and your just greedy.. Costs no more than £250 to rear a litter on the best raw food and fish oils from past experiences, even less if the runners have filled the freezers?

it costs that just for there first jab and chip mate....my litter of 7 first jab and chip £40 each pup....went through 3 bags of puppy food at £25 a bag....spent well over a ton on raw as well....plus wormers....more like about £500 mate

• Like 3
2 hours ago, poxon said:

Do people really breed that many Lurchers for money ? Why would you bother when something like a Russel you can sell for 1200 and as many as you like. See the odd advert of the silly sites but not sure how many folk regularly shelling out Lurcher pups for big money ? 

Re quality - there’s so much shite already, why they are breeding it isn’t an issue. If you buy in off unknowns, it’s always a gamble. 

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

it costs that just for there first jab and chip mate....my litter of 7 first jab and chip £40 each pup....went through 3 bags of puppy food at £25 a bag....spent well over a ton on raw as well....plus wormers....more like about £500 mate

Add legal docking for terrier pups to......

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

Jabs and chipping are upto the new owners, if they can't afford jabs they wouldn't get f**k all off me? I always give any pup/dog the full jabs again... Even if they have had them... I can sleep at night then? I buy wormers by the hundred puppy syrup is pennies and got 3 chest freezers.... Last litter of terriers cost me more to deliver half way than rear tbh?

• Like 5