Bbc complaint

I recently complained to the bbc on a story on our local news about grouse moors. I won't bore you with details but some of their responses made me chuckle (through the rage) thought I'd let you in on their joke. All these are direct quotes from the bbc. 

We appreciate you would have liked to have heard from trusts supporting rotation burning, however, time restraints mean that not everything can be covered in one report and our coverage is intended to be balanced and informative.

This next bit was what really got me,I've requoted it back to them, saying "impartial"? And attached a pic of nob head packham. Rant over. 

The BBC aims for the highest standards in all its broadcasting that include fairness, accuracy and impartiality and we appreciate you feel that was not achieved on this occasion. 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 5

Whatever Packham says must be true, and of course impartial, according to bbc. They won’t admit that any of their programs could be biased by arrogant egotistical presenters. So long as they cater for snowflakes, that’ll do for them, while the gullible swallow it all. 

• Like 2

Complain to OFCOM.

As for the BBC Licence, I got rid of mine last year. Best thing I ever did. I now have Prime for £67 a year and it's way better. You could afford Netflix as well for the same as the licence fee. Easy enough to rid yourself. Just fill out the form online, detune your tv (erase all the saved stations) and unplug the aerial. If you want to be supercautious, also unplug the aerial at the aerial end.

Pretty much you can watch most programmes from BBC / ITV on catchup. Only programme I can get is any news (You cannot watch any live broadcast through any medium or BBC iplayer but can watch anything not live or catchup through anyone else's player / service).

• 4 weeks later...

I watch all the channels if I so wish and haven't had a TV license in over twenty years. 

No contact no contract, they have no means of proving anything unless you admit it and sign the form! Everytime they came to my door I just said no thanks an shut it, I can't remember the last time they came its that long ago, 10+ years, they must have given up and gone after a softer touch. I still get letters of all threats, they go in the bin, there's no one in our house called "the occupier" ? 

If your aggressive they can call/bring the cops, but only to prevent a breach of the peace, they have no right of entry and you don't have to give any details. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Gav said:

I watch all the channels if I so wish and haven't had a TV license in over twenty years. 

No contact no contract, they have no means of proving anything unless you admit it and sign the form! Everytime they came to my door I just said no thanks an shut it, I can't remember the last time they came its that long ago, 10+ years, they must have given up and gone after a softer touch. I still get letters of all threats, they go in the bin, there's no one in our house called "the occupier" ? 

If your aggressive they can call/bring the cops, but only to prevent a breach of the peace, they have no right of entry and you don't have to give any details. 

Few years back a mate of mine was working as one of their "enforcement officers" (fucķing self titled pricks) and was moaning one night about the abuse he was getting!! Needless to say he didn't get much sympathy! Parasites.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Few years back a mate of mine was working as one of their "enforcement officers" (fucķing self titled pricks) and was moaning one night about the abuse he was getting!! Needless to say he didn't get much sympathy! Parasites.

You would have to really need a job to do that . I couldn’t think of a worse way of making a living , double glazing salesman perhaps, preying on the elderly? 
             These “ enforcement officers “ are in fact salesmen, with targets . I watched a bit of YouTube footage of how they operate, it was wonderful watching them being filmed by phone and having the door shut in their face , with a few choice words of encouragement to help them on their way.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

A bit different, but the words “enforcement officers” set me off

last Saturday I went into the village and into the co-op, now there’s a homeless lad that sits outside, he’s a nice enough lad, doesn’t bother anyone, clearly has some mental health issues and is down on his luck. I often buy him and his dog something to eat or drop him a couple of quid, as I was in the shop I seen the so called “ council enforcement office’s” walking over to him and as I left the shop they were asking for his name, I stopped and told him not to tell him his name and don’t talk to them, they have no powers what so ever, they took offence to this and thought they would have a go at me, they got it, both barrels. They told me that begging was an offence, I told them that he wasn’t begging and even if he was they don’t have power of arrest, then walked to the cash machine, got 10 quid, walked back over and gave it to him, so the 2 of them scurried off. There’s nothing I hate more than bullies, dress a nobhead in a uniform and the power they think they have goes straight to their heads 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

A bit different, but the words “enforcement officers” set me off

last Saturday I went into the village and into the co-op, now there’s a homeless lad that sits outside, he’s a nice enough lad, doesn’t bother anyone, clearly has some mental health issues and is down on his luck. I often buy him and his dog something to eat or drop him a couple of quid, as I was in the shop I seen the so called “ council enforcement office’s” walking over to him and as I left the shop they were asking for his name, I stopped and told him not to tell him his name and don’t talk to them, they have no powers what so ever, they took offence to this and thought they would have a go at me, they got it, both barrels. They told me that begging was an offence, I told them that he wasn’t begging and even if he was they don’t have power of arrest, then walked to the cash machine, got 10 quid, walked back over and gave it to him, so the 2 of them scurried off. There’s nothing I hate more than bullies, dress a nobhead in a uniform and the power they think they have goes straight to their heads 

Well done Stavross. I am ashamed to say that years ago I thought the homeless and beggars were just “lazy buggers” , who should get over their arse and get a job . 
            Having done Fostering for a few years , I’ve seen first hand what drink , drugs and sexual abuse does to peoples heads . We shouldn’t judge people until We’ve walked in their shoes . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

We shouldn’t judge people until We’ve walked in their shoes . 

Spot on mate.

Bit different again but (some of you know) my son has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. Been more than one occasion where I've parked in blue badge space, getting his chair out of car & people assume I'm just parking in disabled when nothing wrong with me. They soon learn error of their ways!! 

• Like 7

Seeing as I’m at the bottom of the pecking order in this house when I get the opportunity to shout down an idiot it feels like a little victory to me, it’s a good job the missus wasn’t with me, she would of ripped them a new one, 5’ 1” of pure aggression 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, David.evans said:

There by the grace of god we have roofs over our heads 

and no I don’t believe 

We have roofs over our head , because we have worked for it 

some of these people will not seek help and there is help out there 

we all have choices in life and I must admit I have taken the wrong path in the past , but pick yourself up and start again 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

We have roofs over our head , because we have worked for it 

some of these people will not seek help and there is help out there 

we all have choices in life and I must admit I have taken the wrong path in the past , but pick yourself up and start again 

I’m not saying that it is the case with all of the homeless / drug/ alcoholics , but there are families out there who are so dysfunctional, domestic violence, sexual abuse , drug , drink . These people are not a rarity, it is unbelievably common place . I think that a lot of the homeless have not had a good start in life . What is remarkable is that there are not more of them . 
      Me and my Mrs have looked after kids who have been starved / neglected, sexually abused and beaten . The damage was done to these kids . I’m not a fortune teller , but I predict that they will end up repeating the behaviour they have learnt, and will end up on the streets or in nick . 
                If you are in torment or mental anguish and you take drugs or drink and you feel better , it’s a slippery slope. You are right that there is help out there . I have witnessed social workers going above and beyond to help people and it’s amazing how many chances they are given and how easy it would be to sort them out if only they would put a bit of effort in , but you aren’t always dealing with individuals who are wired up like the rest of us . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1