Bbc complaint

2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Try doing that with no permanent address. No references. No clean clothes. 

I know someone had everything, but also lost it through coke ,he was on the the streets with out food , clothes Nothing to his name , family disowned him . One day he said to him self more life than this shit , picked him self and now multi millionaire. He also travels the word talking about drug/ drink abuse and how to get you in the right frame of mind . 
we all have choices in life and depends on what path you want to take. 
it’s all to easy blaming others , just sometimes you need to take responsibility’s for your own actions 

yes I have known  a few people who have had a bad upbringing, abused and neglected, ok the mental scars are still there , but made a very good life for them selves and family, they could of gone the way very easy . 

like I said we all have choices in life 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

He also travels the word talking about drug/ drink abuse and how to get you in the right frame of mind .

What's his name? He must have a website.... I'd like to hear one of his talks. 

I appreciate we all have choices in life and have known lads that had a good upbringing and have made very bad choices, ending up on the smack, the streets, prison or dead, these people were all capable of making decisions for themselves but when you throw mental health, abuse and a dysfunctional upbringing into the mix some of these people are not capable of seeking the help that is out there and sadly some of them fall through the net and become lost and overlooked to society, them two nobheads from the council must know the department that can offer the help and instead of trying to get him out the village, like he’s some kind of eyesore maybe they should of had a word with that department to see what help is available for him, sometimes people just need that one opportunity to come good 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

What's his name? He must have a website.... I'd like to hear one of his talks. 

I will try and find out for you .

we used look after property’s for him , through , management company 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m not saying that it is the case with all of the homeless / drug/ alcoholics , but there are families out there who are so dysfunctional, domestic violence, sexual abuse , drug , drink . These people are not a rarity, it is unbelievably common place . I think that a lot of the homeless have not had a good start in life . What is remarkable is that there are not more of them . 
      Me and my Mrs have looked after kids who have been starved / neglected, sexually abused and beaten . The damage was done to these kids . I’m not a fortune teller , but I predict that they will end up repeating the behaviour they have learnt, and will end up on the streets or in nick . 
                If you are in torment or mental anguish and you take drugs or drink and you feel better , it’s a slippery slope. You are right that there is help out there . I have witnessed social workers going above and beyond to help people and it’s amazing how many chances they are given and how easy it would be to sort them out if only they would put a bit of effort in , but you aren’t always dealing with individuals who are wired up like the rest of us . 

That’s bang on, unfortunately. We’ve been looking after children and young people in the care system for twenty years, turned some of them round and they’ve taken a better path, a few haven’t, some have been adopted and are doing well. Still in touch with almost all of them. As you say SL, they invariably have deep rooted damage that will stay with them and affect them to varying degrees throughout their lives. Sad but true. The babies that get adopted young are probably the luckiest of them as they’re usually less damaged. There’s much more to it of course, but you will know that..........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Spot on mate.

Bit different again but (some of you know) my son has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. Been more than one occasion where I've parked in blue badge space, getting his chair out of car & people assume I'm just parking in disabled when nothing wrong with me. They soon learn error of their ways!! 

I know what you mean Ben, my daughter is a wheelchair user and I get the same thing.......and all the other stuff that you will know too well.

• Like 1