Jump to content

Big Brown Beavers..... everywhere!!


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the amount of flooding we are getting now , a lot of which is due to the neglect and management of the rivers and flood plains ,  I would think releasing dam building giant rats to slow up the wa

I love watching that old boy on mountain men, Tom hoare he’s in his 70s still beaver trapping and has a lot of traditional skills that he uses to make things from the pelts and tails, makes some nice

Laughed today... Working on an old college site and they are filming a series called Sex Education with Gillian Anderson off x files.... Anyway theres temporary toilet blocks for film crew and staff,

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

Nope and never will eat one

swamp rats

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

I've heard they are tasty. As I'm retired now, I might give trapping them a shot next season. So maybe I'll find out. 

on that life below zero from the wilds of Alaska, trap and eat them. along with pelts and other.  they recon their good eating.  I suppose its like most meat. it depends on how old the animal is as to how good eating it is.  I expect that if it was just dished out on a plate and you weren't told what it. was then you'd probably say it was good.

from google >>>>But as for flavor, beaver is known for having a very pleasant taste. It is often compared to grass fed beef. Some people claim beaver meat is lean while others say that it has a pleasant amount of fat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meece said:

 

on that life below zero from the wilds of Alaska, trap and eat them. along with pelts and other.  they recon their good eating.  I suppose its like most meat. it depends on how old the animal is as to how good eating it is.  I expect that if it was just dished out on a plate and you weren't told what it. was then you'd probably say it was good.

from google >>>>But as for flavor, beaver is known for having a very pleasant taste. It is often compared to grass fed beef. Some people claim beaver meat is lean while others say that it has a pleasant amount of fat.

I will shoot you one, vac pack some meat and post it to you

 

You first 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I saw, somewhere, people discussing beavers. Someone was saying the best cut of all was ~ and I'm wide open to correction on this, because I only vaguely even remember it; About the very top of the tail? A few inches of where it joins the body.  Pretty sure that's where they were indicating.

Doesn't say much for beaver, anyway. Imagine cows, if the only bit considered truly edible were the top of their tail. Dump the rest. Like fukking sharks fins! :icon_eek:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I'm sure I saw, somewhere, people discussing beavers. Someone was saying the best cut of all was ~ and I'm wide open to correction on this, because I only vaguely even remember it; About the very top of the tail? A few inches of where it joins the body.  Pretty sure that's where they were indicating.

Doesn't say much for beaver, anyway. Imagine cows, if the only bit considered truly edible were the top of their tail. Dump the rest. Like fukking sharks fins! :icon_eek:

That muscle would be one of the most used on a beaver probably leading to it being rather tough. Probably equivalent to your chick peas

 

still not convincing enough for me to eat it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I will shoot you one, vac pack some meat and post it to you

 

You first 

When I was in my teens probably 18,  I shot a squirrel with my  410 and I took it home to show mum.  The next day after dinner she asked my brother and I what we thought of the small bit of meat that was separate on the plate from  the chicken. We both said that it was nice.  We both asked her why the question.   She replied that she'd skinnned the squirrel and cooked it up for us to try.!!  When father was up the jungle in Burma,  they didn't have anything to eat so they ate snakes, iguana and monkeys of some sort. Mind you he came back a different  bloke than the one that went out  there.  He came back like Sgt major Williams!  I don't know if that was down to fighting those slanties up the jungle or the conditions that they endured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t you get sick as a sick dog of you drink water out there ponds? Looks an sound jist like giant rats to me, I’d rather eat next doors fat wife after her run before her shower 🤢

They call it beaver feaver in the states, but it’s a water born virus and you sound like you may have been having a bit of a peep on neighbours fat wife to get her routine down, just saying like 🤔🤔

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

They call it beaver feaver in the states, but it’s a water born virus and you sound like you may have been having a bit of a peep on neighbours fat wife to get her routine down, just saying like 🤔🤔

No peeping, can see her wobble up road a mile away, and as for her showers, I’m not saying I’d not look of chance arose 😳 don’t fancy eating it tho 🤢

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

No peeping, can see her wobble up road a mile away, and as for her showers, I’m not saying I’d not look of chance arose 😳 don’t fancy eating it tho 🤢

Laughed today... Working on an old college site and they are filming a series called Sex Education with Gillian Anderson off x files.... Anyway theres temporary toilet blocks for film crew and staff, loads of birds back and fore all day.. Sat having a sandwich in the van with one of these blocks right in front of us.... Bird walks up and trys the door.... There was some other bird in there.... Cubicle door was wide open and her knickers was around her ankles😂 she was stood up with her minge in full veiw 😂😂😂they could hear us laughing in the van.... Her face was red as f**k under her mask everytime she had to walk back past us😂😂😂😁👍 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of having them about. A few more wetlands would be good. Good for fish, good for wildfowl and good for all the associated creatures that would live there. im sure if a bit of money was chucked at the affected farmers they wouldn't moan too much. They'd probably earn more by setting up a pay to park area for the beaver anoraks that turn up in their droves. Arable monoculture isn't the only way to make money from land

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...