Any ideas?

Wasp? I know it's winter but I've been stung twice in winter, once while bringing logs in from wood store and once drystone walling. Has she been sticking her head in hay or log piles where Queens hibernate? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, tb25 said:

The vets wasn't sure..they gave her a steroid injection and a few piriton tabs..

60 pound and am none the wiser?

I give my dogs a lot of human meds and anything like that normally clears up with an anti histamine/ hay fever tablet, remember the weight difference and cut the tablet down accordingly, paracetamol and ibuprofens the same for general dogs a bit off colour, I was told to do this by my vet many years ago when he was a family friend not a money making scammer and in 90% of cases it does work ??

• Like 5
10 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Wasp? I know it's winter but I've been stung twice in winter, once while bringing logs in from wood store and once drystone walling. Has she been sticking her head in hay or log piles where Queens hibernate? 

I get the queens hibernating in the coal bunker, I often get a surprise with a big dirty black wasp crawling across the living room floor,  cat learnt the lesson the hard way lol

• Like 1

With you loosen her for half an hour she hasn’t ran through any blackthorn or that has she and got the head of a thorn stuck in there,as I’ve seen this happen to 1 of mine and the same with a wasp sting.Sometimes you can’t seen the thorn until it’s filled with puss and trying to pop out of the skin.

• Like 1