Nigel Farage endorsing Tony Blair for government role

6 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Well the question is, maybe BH can enlighten us more... But I vaguely remember seeing details of first jab 52% effective second 94% , I by no means stand by this made up barely remembered numbers, but if they were the truth then is save half of vulnerable or nearly all. To call it a good idea accip maybe you have the numbers?

You think if I had the numbers I’d be sat here taking shit in the general section of the thl? ??

1 minute ago, Balaur said:

BH does hahaha...

I've sort of had Xmas off so I'm catching up a bit. Here's some numbers that I have to hand for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine (AZD1222).

Back in November they published interim Phase 3 results which said that a full dose followed by another full dose some time later (either a fortnight or four weeks iirc) showed 62% efficacy. While a smaller trial of a half dose followed by a full dose some time later showed 90% efficacy. Combining these they published 70% efficacy for their vaccine.

There has been an exploratory analysis on a single full dose regime which has showed 73% efficacy within 22 days of being jabbed. It's being suggested that one dose will give good immunity to 12 weeks....

Because the datasets are relatively small there is a fair bit of error associated with these numbers though.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Well the question is, maybe BH can enlighten us more... But I vaguely remember seeing details of first jab 52% effective second 94% , I by no means stand by this made up barely remembered numbers, but if they were the truth then is save half of vulnerable or nearly all. To call it a good idea accip maybe you have the numbers?

On Sky news yesterday 89% first jab...95% second 

Didn't notice what make tho.

Edited by hambone
  • Like 1

There’s being objective, nothing wrong with that, and there’s allowing a bloke who almost single handedly re-engineered the country into the f***ing hideous joke we see today back near any kind of power ! 

f**k objective, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me ! f**k him !

• Like 5
8 hours ago, chartpolski said:

In our adversarial political system, the status quo is to refute and attack the views of the other side, even when you know they are right.

So, isn't it  even a little bit encouraging that Farage is agreeing with someone who is on the opposite end of the political spectrum when he thinks they are right ? 

I'll add a caveat, though; if Blair said it was raining, I'd still look out the widow to make sure he wasn't lying !!

Cheers.

He's not alone though. The other day Macron's father gave a magazine an interview where he called Macron Junior self-serving, insincere and narcissist. And they were just the good points ?

• Haha 2

I’m a mild mannered person who doesn’t usually let people get under my skin but Tony and Cherie Blair are two people that I feel hatred towards. That is a powerful emotion for people I’ve never met but they are both vile , corrupt , despoilers of a way of life in this country . I will never forgive or forget the hunting act which Cherie pushed for . Nigel Farage usually sees things from a common sense point of view but he has got it very wrong in thinking that man has anything to offer this country .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It must be fake news .!!  Not Nige Perhaps Nige was lining b liar up for the new role of 5th under lavatory  attendant in the commons.  In the season of goodwill to all men. Part time though mind. Or on a zero hour jobby.  Everyone has got to be adaptable in these covid times.

3 hours ago, Balaur said:

Farage digging a hole, I'll be honest I posted a video of Blair sticking his nose in to the pandemic, if he's right on the focus on first dose business , either the government was as well and let him jump them , or they weren't , or members of the scientific community decided to make it political by feeding Blair information or all or none of the above.....lol. 

Again I think there’s some good points there. But maybe many would rather do more lockdown time than use Blair! ?

• Haha 2