community spirit

There isn't any, not round these parts anyways, couple of weeks ago, this young lad just lives a couple of doors away from me . asked me if I would run him up to the garage pick up his motor after an mot was done, I awreet pal no problems, ive just been shovelling snow from my front path, this lad I did the favour for was sat in his motor outside my house wi meat loaf thumping away on his radio, never thowt of asking me if I needed ant help.   eh,    :feck:

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing Meat Loaf.where do you live 1984?

Anyway, in a more positive note, my daughter and her boyfriend took part in a “Tractor Run” yesterday, basically a group of young lads arrange to meet and all do a convoy round the towns in tractors,

Keith : give me a hand sweeping this path young un .    car wanker : I would do anything for love , but I won’t do that ! 

Posted Images

That's how a lot of people are nowadays mate, unfortunately - no thought for anyone else :thumbdown:

............ there's a generation that wasn't taught to offer their seat on the bus, hold a door open, carry the old girls shopping etc.

But, there is still community spirit  - we're quite lucky where we live, there are a few good people that still look out for each other :yes:

Next door neighbours middle aged couple,  they don't owe me nowt, and we pass the time of day when they are in the back garden,  they only moved in this summer I helped em move stuff, they have just passed my front window with there shopping, never think of asking if I need owt,  I even cut their privets along with mine summer months shame really im a sociable bloke

he prob thought you was fit Keith, so didnt ask  ou if you wanted a hand   haha  , only joking mate, in this litlle old world mate it dog eat dog, i told this before  with the 1st lock down, when that nurse couldnt get any food for her dinner fishing nightshift , nobody really gives a fook today, you just watch new year eve  , they all be pissed up not giving a fook about the virus, that kill all old people like  your self, and me suoopse  , dont expect nout from people , that way mate , you wont feel disappointed  fact.:thumbs: 

• Like 1

It was good to see  Man Utd' s Marcus Rashford  being cheered by the Everton  crowd the other night. Obviously for his campaign for free school meals for poor kids. Liverpool seems to still have that working class community spirit which all of us oldies grew up with.

3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It was good to see  Man Utd' s Marcus Rashford  being cheered by the Everton  crowd the other night. Obviously for his campaign for free school meals for poor kids. Liverpool seems to still have that working class community spirit which all of us oldies grew up with. 

f***ing hell , if a city of professional mourners is being held up as an example of how to be , then it’s worse than I thought. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2