Hunting trip.. Ella is no longer a Dale's virgin

13 hours ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Me and Ella decided to have a 3 night hunting trip up north. It worked out we would come back on my birthday, ideal for me to go and see my kids. 

We took three lurchers (Bud, Pip and Trudy) and my two young ferrets (Big rich and Titch).  We started by lamping saturday night, conditions were decent but we struggled getting close enough for slips. We struggled on and caught 7. It was getting on for 4am when we had finished lamping and we had a late start the following day. 

Anyway we pitched up the van on the first day and then headed off out ferreting for a few hours. We caught another 7 ferreting by bolting to the dogs and then we headed back for a bite to eat and chill before shooting that night. 

Checking with the thermal and trying to stalk rabbits on the lamp was harder than anticipated and I only managed to bag one mixy rabbit. We had an earlier bedtime so we could get a better start ferreting the following day.

Again we were bolting to the dogs. We had a great time and filmed the outing. Video coming soon. We took Ella's pup Trudy and my Bud. Bud was spot on with his marking and the dogs made some brilliant catches. We finished on 10. 

We cooked a curry with two rabbits and had a chill before heading back out with the lamp. This time only taking Pip. Again I was filming and we had another decent night considering the lack of chances. Catching another 6. 

It was a cracking trip. 

Thanks for reading. 

20201225_231437.jpg

IMG-20201225-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201225-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20201224-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20201224-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20201224-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20201224-WA0025.jpg

20201225_230914.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201223-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20201224-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20201221-WA0005.jpg

Proper hunting trip nice to see people enjoying a bit of sport and a few days outdoors without the obsession over killing big numbers. 

• Like 5

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and Ella decided to have a 3 night hunting trip up north. It worked out we would come back on my birthday, ideal for me to go and see my kids.  We took three lurchers (Bud, Pip and Trudy) and 

Proper hunting trip nice to see people enjoying a bit of sport and a few days outdoors without the obsession over killing big numbers. 

Lighter taped 2 side of lamp 4 easy access baby

Posted Images

Great approach to the sport. Mixing it up with ferreting and lamping for the dogs. Its a refreshing change from some of the BS about huge hauls of rabbits but no evidence. I have found a thermal useful for checking out fields but when solo there is just too much going on and I no longer use it for stalking them up. The dog has learnt that using the thermal means something is out there and I am picking a run, but he cant see it so starts pulling making it harder to put away the thermal and switch to lamp. If the rabbit sits then theres a risk when the light goes on he is so fired up he runs first and thinks later.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

Great approach to the sport. Mixing it up with ferreting and lamping for the dogs. Its a refreshing change from some of the BS about huge hauls of rabbits but no evidence. I have found a thermal useful for checking out fields but when solo there is just too much going on and I no longer use it for stalking them up. The dog has learnt that using the thermal means something is out there and I am picking a run, but he cant see it so starts pulling making it harder to put away the thermal and switch to lamp. If the rabbit sits then theres a risk when the light goes on he is so fired up he runs first and thinks later.  

Lanyard onto the thermal and lamp. Looped  over your head then easy to leave the thermal hanging round your neck while you grab the lamp with the hand you was holding the thermal in ?

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Igz said:

Lanyard onto the thermal and lamp. Looped  over your head then easy to leave the thermal hanging round your neck while you grab the lamp with the hand you was holding the thermal in ?

Lighter taped 2 side of lamp 4 easy access baby

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Battery powered get wi the times man

Always thought they've missed a trick, not putting a little filament in an iPhone . . . . you can open bottles with it, its a torch, you can phone folk, add a lighter and thats all you need in life. . . . . maybe a wee flick knife on it to lol.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Always thought they've missed a trick, not putting a little filament in an iPhone . . . . you can open bottles with it, its a torch, you can phone folk, add a lighter and thats all you need in life. . . . . maybe a wee flick knife on it to lol.

Small make up.set would be useful 

13 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I'd be lost without my titanium spork

• Haha 1