A little Christmas Eve do

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many years ago we bolted two stoats from a warren...the first one was in ermine ....and got away the second one the dog killed its the one and only time ive ever had two stoats in a warren ....

i must admit i quite like stoats and not really fussed about the dogs killing them...its funny how they know the difference but they do.....

looks like a grand day out there trev...

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Black neck said:

Bolted a few never had 1 stay and mix it wi the ferret but once dug down and a right stink come up were a mink had killed the Jill ferret like 

Friend of mine put his hound down a burrow to grab what he thought was either a ferret or rabbit. Was a hyped up mink. Latched onto his hand...very painful, but funny for me watching.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Friend of mine put his hound down a burrow to grab what he thought was either a ferret or rabbit. Was a hyped up mink. Latched onto his hand...very painful, but funny for me watching.

stuff like that is always funny to the guy watching....

my mate had a ferret years ago....that was.....a bit iffy....so i have dug down shoved my hand up the tube...which was tight and went round a bit of a corner....his ferret latched on....and for about five mins im wrestling to get my hand out....it was down to the bone....and my hand was well and truly stuck....18 stone bloke out muscled by a 1lbs ferret ...

thought my mate was going to have a heart attack he was laughing that much...the c**t....lol....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I ferreted a Warren on a bank years ago and heard the rabbit squealing as the ferret had got hold of it so shoved my arm up the tube to grab the rabbit ... felt the fur and then the scaly tail wrapped around my wrist. Thank fukc the ferret didn’t let go of the head end ... turned my blood cold ........

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, TOMO said:

many years ago we bolted two stoats from a warren...the first one was in ermine ....and got away the second one the dog killed its the one and only time ive ever had two stoats in a warren ....

i must admit i quite like stoats and not really fussed about the dogs killing them...its funny how they know the difference but they do.....

looks like a grand day out there trev...

Funny you say that Tomo the only other one I’ve had there was two but they was chasing each other about above ground, one got away and the other was caught by the dog but like the one yesterday it was unintentional as I’ve sat many times watching how they run and run the rabbit until it’s screaming before the kill , they run at no great speed but just stick on the rabbit they have locked in on , I don’t no why the rabbit doesn’t bolt off in full speed across the field and blow it away but they never seem to they just run round and around.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, TOMO said:

stuff like that is always funny to the guy watching....

my mate had a ferret years ago....that was.....a bit iffy....so i have dug down shoved my hand up the tube...which was tight and went round a bit of a corner....his ferret latched on....and for about five mins im wrestling to get my hand out....it was down to the bone....and my hand was well and truly stuck....18 stone bloke out muscled by a 1lbs ferret ...

thought my mate was going to have a heart attack he was laughing that much...the c**t....lol....

? only last season I stuck my harm up a tube to pull out a screaming rabbit that a big young pole cat had hold off but all I got was the pole cat hold of my thumb , right down the side off my nail, it took me a few minutes to get him off with blood pissing out because I’d had a good few drinks the night before and yes all my mate could do was roll about laughing and saying I can’t believe I’ve left my phone in the car 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ferret come out backuds once tried a big hob same thing turned out were a feral cat never done them any harm but the dint fancy it 

Heard of it before while ferreting but never had it myself only years back had one up a drain when out with the terriers and it bolted.