Surviving the reset

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You’d need all your fingers though as well pal . 

can’t be off to a and e every time you sharpen a knife 

I don’t need A+E mate I can do it myself .......

45AA8F9B-2748-4135-90E9-8FDB7DCD220A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or is it some of us hope (secretly or other wise) for a rest, to get back to simpler times. Some of us are home sick for times we never knew, simpler farming and hunting practices, with basic liv

True Until we run out of ammo, I'd go more for com pound and crossbows. Rods, lines, traps and nets.. Ferrets, and lurchers also. Boat, chickens, polytunnels and a small amount of lives

It all sounds like a great adventure but alas the farther we are from the primitive the more idyllic it seems, less so up close. ? Living with toothache for months, dying horribly from gangrene f

Posted Images

a Few years back needle and thread stitching took ages and looked a mess, I now have a couple of packs of this purple stuff just glue yourself back together, much neater and heals really quick, if you have friends in the hospital just get a couple of sachets to keep handy ??

C3B38FAF-89CF-484E-AAE3-364795C5A05A.jpeg

6085E8E3-D43B-4B40-98DD-1341AA904006.jpeg

Cut the top of my finger with a grinder in work one day and had to go get a few stitches, sitting in the cubicle the nurse asks if I'd like her to freeze it and in a moment of madness I said no work away. Lol. Well that won't be happening again. Lol. Wasn't so much the stitches but the cleaning of it, made my eyes water that did. Lol. 

Was working with my pal many years ago at a private home in an outside office they had built.

Anyway they had a dog that was always in and out, friendly old thing.

So, we were working away and my pal manages to take the top off his thumb with a Stanley knife, so I quickly grab whatever padding I can and a load of black tape and try and tape it up because it was squirting blood like a hose pipe.

That done I look down and the top of his thumb is laying there on the floor so I pick it up and just at that moment old Fido comes wandering in to see what all the commotion is about.....just for a laugh I threw the bit of thumb to the dog and the dog ate it ! Lol 

My pal said, did you get my bit of thumb we will take it too the hospital with us and I says “We can’t”

”Why not?” He says

”I have just fed it to the dog !” Lol 

I thought it was hilarious but I’m not sure my pal was too happy ! Lol 

• Haha 3

2-3 knives , 2-3 axes ,fire flint, my catapult loads of ammo, solar panal charger. (For charging torches n stuff), my ferrets, my terriers,wife kids. Look for remote island or out in sticks highlands. 

Super glue has done me well for cuts n slashes. Saves stitching up 

• Like 1

It all sounds like a great adventure but alas the farther we are from the primitive the more idyllic it seems, less so up close. ?

Living with toothache for months, dying horribly from gangrene following a small cut that becomes infected, wife dies in childbirth after losing the majority of previous children under 3 years old. 

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, sandymere said:

It all sounds like a great adventure but alas the farther we are from the primitive the more idyllic it seems, less so up close. ?

Living with toothache for months, dying horribly from gangrene following a small cut that becomes infected, wife dies in childbirth after losing the majority of previous children under 3 years old. 

And you would be one of the first pathetic specimens in the crockpot, there are still men who like to choose there own paths in life without having someone else holding there hands along the way, ?

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, jetro said:

How long do ye think it would take some reglious order, or some new political party to try and take control of the people and ruin the new "Eden" for want of a name for the new era

Atb j 

This is an common topic on this side of the pond. We have quite a few trying to "live off the grid" even now. IMHO the people who banned together would have the best chance at survival. That would require rules and all that goes with it. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short.  No thanks :no:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

And you would be one of the first pathetic specimens in the crockpot, there are still men who like to choose there own paths in life without having someone else holding there hands along the way, ?

You'd have to watch for big pussies ?

18 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

This is an common topic on this side of the pond. We have quite a few trying to "live off the grid" even now. IMHO the people who banned together would have the best chance at survival. That would require rules and all that goes with it. 

Safety in numbers. Everyone pools their knowledge and skills. 

Atb j 

• Like 2