A stressful Christmas dinner ??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody get stressed about Christmas Dinner ? Read this from a Sheffield butchers . I’ve pinched this, but it’s fab!!    ?Christmas Dinner.... I have concluded that the inevitable str

? Every man should be able to fend for themselves in the kitchen  Atb j 

Seafood starter. Half a suckling pig and a duck.... job done lol

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Balaur said:

That's a great post, completely shattered my plans lol, I'm determined to do loads of prep beforehand, I'm quite excited got a home grown pork leg to roast, was going to make gravy and stuffing beforehand, which I probably won't now, but it's just me missus and kids, going to be great, I think we're all excited for various reasons lol. 

Used to do a big spread years ago. Spent two or possibly three day prepping, for  it all to be done with in 20 mins on the day. 

Not anymore, just a simple dinner with a bit extra, that's it .

Atb j 

9 minutes ago, Balaur said:

For me it's got to be MEAT, pigs in blankets, sprouts , roast carrots/parsnips/spuds , gravy , peas/corn and stuffing. Not fussed on pudding kids probably want ice-cream, missus death by chocolate or something, got boxing day cold cuts and cheese and all that the day after boxing day this year, best meal of the year gorging on pickles butter ham etc, I enjoy cooking hams 

Out of likes ?

For me, it's much the same, meat, cheeses and pickled onions, figs and dates.

Not too pushed about the desserts.

Atb j 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

That's a great post, completely shattered my plans lol, I'm determined to do loads of prep beforehand, I'm quite excited got a home grown pork leg to roast, was going to make gravy and stuffing beforehand, which I probably won't now, but it's just me missus and kids, going to be great, I think we're all excited for various reasons lol. 

It’s well worth doing at least the gravy/sauce a day or two beforehand, not just saving hassle on Christmas Day, but better flavour ?

• Like 2

spot on   post jetro  post , funny ting my wife said last night to me regards xmas dinner.As it just me and her on xmas day , my son  going to his mother-in -laws that day with his wife and 2 kids, so we going to have quite day, suits me though, think she would have liked him there and kids really though. i think we getting a small turkey  if poss,  and only eat 1/2, put other uncooked in freezer , for in the week later, and have the norm other stuff you have with the meal, but just less of it. i prob do the washing up etc, then have a lager and prob fall a sleep in me chair, like i do most nights, my wife said i prob die in that chair , she right as well  un less the virus kills me 1st haha . fook xmas humbug  lol

• Like 1

Well if your comfy in you chair, I can think of worst ways go LOL. 

Same here in reguards to the dinner. 

My daughter is fairly unwell at the moment, with daily  hospital visits, any were 60 miles away, plus she has to be in all over Christmas as well. My wife brings her in, and I'm baby sitting our granddaughter. 

Christmas dinner this year will be, kinda every man for themselves. I'll cook a 8kg ham on the 23th, and a boned and rolled turkey on the 24th with a big tray of homemade stuffing.

Plenty of fresh bread and sauses and dips, they'll be fine. 

That's the plan so far  but that could all change 

Atb j 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jetro said:

Really, 

Iv cooked most if not all of my meals since my teens 

Atb j 

Yep, I do nearly all the cooking in my house.

One of my brothers is the same, my old man could cook too.

All the men in my family are decent cooks, it’s because we are greedy b*****ds ! Lol 

• Like 1