OYSTERS

4 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Done a few weeks on trawlar boat too never stayed there after first winter only job you go home in winter and say thank f**k I'm home ?

No joke on them, especially if your on a prawn boat. If the fishing good, no sleep lol

Atb j 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Scallops are a better fish to eat.  Gently fried in butter, non garlic for me, I want to taste the fish  Atb j 

I only get to have them 2/3 times a year  unless we go to France  then i have them every day , i can do 3 Dozen with no effort but to some  of the Market traders at Brum put that lot away as a starter

Spent a couple of winters Scalloping on my pals boat out of Rye harbour on the East Sussex coast.We would get a fresh uncut loaf from a bakery on the way every mornig and cook the scallops fresh as we

Posted Images

I've found if your a little hard up then you can find a shell on the beach, hoich a load of phlegm up and spit into the shell add some water out a rockpool that's been in the sun for a minimum of 3 hours and hey presto tastes just like oysters. Only think that lives in the sea I'm not sold on. Only had them raw to be fair I'd bet there grand cooked properly. I e put them in beef stews in the past aswell can't notice them at all but it was really nice so hopefully did something. Got that from a high fearnley eatitall recipe.

Had this platter in the summer I could tuck into it again about now ?

IMG_20200813_132849.jpg

• Like 2

We love them! Especially me & the boy. Not sure I’d ever bother with them at home, more of a nice little ritual to down a few oysters before a meal in a restaurant.

Back in the good old days when we were free to visit restaurants we ate most of our oysters over in Zeeland at a little place attached to an oyster farm or more recently between lockdowns a Spanish place in Eindhoven. Those were the days! ?

F7BFC9E2-DA5A-481E-83C8-C088F55DC5D0.jpeg

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, jetro said:

Scallops are a better fish to eat. 

Gently fried in butter, non garlic for me, I want to taste the fish 

Atb j 

Spent a couple of winters Scalloping on my pals boat out of Rye harbour on the East Sussex coast.We would get a fresh uncut loaf from a bakery on the way every mornig and cook the scallops fresh as we picked them off the deck.Never had them taste so good since.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Spent a couple of winters Scalloping on my pals boat out of Rye harbour on the East Sussex coast.We would get a fresh uncut loaf from a bakery on the way every mornig and cook the scallops fresh as we picked them off the deck.Never had them taste so good since.

You should try them raw, a sweet, creamy salty texture, very nice espically since their that fresh

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, WILF said:

I like almost all sea food but I have never been able to eat oysters.

I think lobster is the most over rated shellfish going. Crab meat is way ahead for flavour and texture imo 

Atb j 

• Like 3