Running *Pup* Maintainence

4 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

dunno mate never tried boiling them, I don't think there was any goodness in em anyways so boiling em  would take what goodness in them away

Probably mate I’m the type of guy that if something is usable I’d use it I hate waisting stuff I’m terrible to be honest I’m the type of guy that if we slow cook some meat I save the fat an juices to mix biscuits with.....an I hope you don’t think I’m kidding ?the remaining of yesterday’s veg an slow cooked lamb

09F9AEEF-50AA-44AD-8B03-CC5D64C5AEAF.jpeg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning folks. I've spent the past 2 days patiently waiting my copy of Running Dog Maintenance by Penny Taylor, to turn up, but the posty is killing me! I'm sure I could wait the couple of d

Get some raw into it?

boys I know put that up their noses on a weekend ?I don't go out shagging or drinking, I don't waste money following football teams, don't drive flash motors, always dressed like a tramp?save for what

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Probably mate I’m the type of guy that if something is usable I’d use it I hate waisting stuff I’m terrible to be honest I’m the type of guy that if we slow cook some meat I save the fat an juices to mix biscuits with.....an I hope you don’t think I’m kidding ?the remaining of yesterday’s veg an slow cooked lamb

I’m the same poxon. Nothing goes to waste. Hate seeing food go in the bin. Always drain the baking/roasting trays into the dog bowls. All table scraps go in too. 

• Like 3

Its nice to read the attitudes of folk who clearly value their best mate and working partner, good on ya's!

Those fat cakes look proper too @poxon, I've clearly got a lot to learn about just being resourceful!... although yesterday was steak and chips for dinner.. Neither missus nor dog can share that, haha. 

Edited by 3dumb
18 minutes ago, poxon said:

That’s the one poxon fat and nutriants

• Like 1

My feeding is based around minced chicken & tripe and skinners f&t..... both every night + scraps with fish, dripping, chick wings, duck necks, offal, eggs, fruit & veg all once a week on different nights. 
dogs do great on it and it’s always eaten with gusto 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

yes by all means use em, but like black neck says mix em in with other stuff, I could literally get my hands on loads of raw so I could be choosy

I’ve just been cutting the lungs off just leaving a little on there think it’s got to be about time I invest in a meat grinder an mince them up ??That way I could add them to other meat minces 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Have 2 mince them up wi other stuff d 

Cheers d there eat a bit but not keen on if you offer a big chunk of lung in there bowl but makes sense mincing them up might need to buy a mincer I do get the odd end of life breeding ewe from time to time that’s died I butcher them for my dogs rather than the owner paying the hunt to collect them might just save the lungs up an mince them if I have a old mutton ewe this year if not I’ll mince them with whole rabbit