One for packmans palls?

Wonder if that will make the BBC News...

Shouldn't they be interviewing him as a high profile celeb coming out in support of Country Folk? Surely that's headline news. One of the country's most popular high profile celebs and a Lord coming out in support. Shouldn't the Government have to respond with guarantees and action in favour of protecting shooting?

Shouldn't rural people and shooting communities / individuals be given protection as minorities?

Shouldn't spreading fake news / inaccurate information as an organisation, charity or representative of an organisation / charity, or someone who holds themselves out as an expert in conservation, in the form of inaccurate information on conservation that's potentially damaging to public opinion, the environment and countryside become an offence?

Shouldn't this also make Countryfile? (Maybe that might happen if the article was only yesterday).

Its my own opinion of a perceived lack of even handed reporting and the political correctness at the BBC that was one of the factors that made me stop my tv licence along with the last night of the proms debarcle. Never been happier lack of news apart, although that's a loss to the Government - I now have no info on Corona as I'm unable to watch any live tv, which rules out Sky News and other alternatives such as Fox, Al Jazeera etc. That said, Prime costs me £76 a year, half the tv licence fee and for once, there's lots to watch daily not 1 program a blue moon plus I get free prime postage. (jeff you owe me royalties or a free superyacht for the advertising!).

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 2

The problem is that celebrities are reluctant to speak out because it can damage their careers. I’ve been out hunting and out on shoots and seen celebrities. They make no mention of it on  their  social media and keep their heads down . God forbid they upset some snowflakes. 
          Thing is with Beefy , he don’t give a shit what they say . There used to be a gang of famous shooters take days on a shoot near me , Eric Clapton , Mark Knofler , Jackie Stewart , and Queens Roger Taylor and others !! I wonder how he explained his love of pheasant shooting to Brian May ? And they killed 1000’s . All of them were quite happy to spend their money and leisure time in the countryside, but not go in the papers of a chat show and explain why they do what they do . Guy Ritchie and Co . There are so many famous people who enjoy our sport but fear the critical backlash. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

The problem is that celebrities are reluctant to speak out because it can damage their careers. I’ve been out hunting and out on shoots and seen celebrities. They make no mention of it on  their  social media and keep their heads down . God forbid they upset some snowflakes. 
          Thing is with Beefy , he don’t give a shit what they say . There used to be a gang of famous shooters take days on a shoot near me , Eric Clapton , Mark Knofler , Jackie Stewart , and Queens Roger Taylor and others !! I wonder how he explained his love of pheasant shooting to Brian May ? And they killed 1000’s . All of them were quite happy to spend their money and leisure time in the countryside, but not go in the papers of a chat show and explain why they do what they do . Guy Ritchie and Co . There are so many famous people who enjoy our sport but fear the critical backlash. 

Let me guess where ......?