3rd grant for self employed

23 minutes ago, si brown said:

read some right bollox on this thread... ive been a subby for 30year, never had a Penny in gov handouts raising 4kids or any of these tax credits,

dont know any of my mates who have or do either subbys put a massive amount back into the economy and take out very little!

when the plug was pulled and it was pulled the Civils firm I worked for off hired every machine and van.. 

the company that supplied mortar and aggregates intently furloughed for 3 months and when the site re-opend the prices had been cut the materials were like rocking horse shit too!

some lads might have prospered through this time but I know for a start not many up north did. 

I'm up north and I know many that have, many have worked throughout that period yet have been given the handouts. 

Little things like having to go in separate cars was enough to claim your business is being affected. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been lucky enough to stay open and be busy. I got the 10 grand grant the first time round. I admit we was lucky to busy and stay open and didn't need the grant financially.  But what  I did do wa

I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't take the payments if they were offered but it's bang out of order if you ask me.  Some folk have not had a day off and still received those funds whilst others

Never meet a subby in my life that does it by the book you and your mates must be the only ones in the UK lol.  Im all for screwing the taxman for as much as you can because he's a robbing bastru

I took the first grant at the beginning cos I wasn’t working, but I’m back to work now so don’t think I should claim lol

I think the way it works is you gotta pay back  20% tax and national insurance of your grant.

If anyone knows more on this that would be great cos I do my own taxes lol

1 hour ago, si brown said:

read some right bollox on this thread... ive been a subby for 30year, never had a Penny in gov handouts raising 4kids or any of these tax credits,

dont know any of my mates who have or do either subbys put a massive amount back into the economy and take out very little!

when the plug was pulled and it was pulled the Civils firm I worked for off hired every machine and van.. 

the company that supplied mortar and aggregates intently furloughed for 3 months and when the site re-opend the prices had been cut the materials were like rocking horse shit too!

some lads might have prospered through this time but I know for a start not many up north did. 

Never meet a subby in my life that does it by the book you and your mates must be the only ones in the UK lol. 

Im all for screwing the taxman for as much as you can because he's a robbing bastrud but don't be coming over all saintly ffs. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Never meet a subby in my life that does it by the book you and your mates must be the only ones in the UK lol. 

Im all for screwing the taxman for as much as you can because he's a robbing bastrud but don't be coming over all saintly ffs. Lol. 

I aint no sait? and i usuels get a decent holiday out of my return but when u and your mrs earn decent money you get fcuk all

• Like 1

I see the grants as a loan, we are all going to be paying it back so its madness not to take it. I've lost a fair bit of work due to covid, not as much as some but more than others. Plenty of people been sat about for 6 months on 80% of their wages without any expenses to pay, I'd be happy to take that deal if it had been offered. 

In all as a company we have lost £257,000.00 of work as a result of COVID .As a director I’m not entitled to a penny of the handouts .

We didn’t work for the whole of the National lockdown and are now a skeleton crew of 3 .Work is very slow in private sector at moment with everybody expecting another lockdown I think .Wages are dropping in the building industry at least here they are .
Thankfully mortgage is payed and both children in good solid jobs .Its the subbies  I feel sorry for having to go through a whole winter with little work ahead of them .

• Like 2