any lurchers with tracking blood

I know a fella that was terrier man for an average mounted pack here in Aus. He road a 4x wheeler and carried his two small lurcher with him as well. when foxes were bolted and hounds were off he dropped his lurchers they would race past hounds and catch fox. He didn't have to do this two often before hounds realised they liked catching foxes and didnt need any help. He said they lost hounds a few times as they couldn't keep up with them. Some horses are slow like that. haha his lurchers are airedale/greyhounds x  patterdale

Edited by stevemac
  • Like 2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lurcher x foxhound I had that went to a member on here... Big Thomas  His daughter Olive.. 

Any hunting dog will use it's nose when needed,even all running dog blooded.

this pure gsd , or  gsd x ?  i did watch the vid  on YouTube , it was south Africa   where they use  them gsd types  not sure if they had mal in them, but were strong fast type dogs , pull down any ma

Posted Images

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have you any experience with such a beast Raymond old boy? 

what type of size do they make mate ? ?

haha   yup   Stiff   , sure do . had 8 years with the Big bugger , and being honest  mate, he given 100% day/night    , mooching he find anything that moves lol, and full on when lamping , carnt ask for better  type lurcher , pity  they have to get old aint it  Stiff.:yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, bird said:

haha   yup   Stiff   , sure do . had 8 years with the Big bugger , and being honest  mate, he given 100% day/night    , mooching he find anything that moves lol, and full on when lamping , carnt ask for better  type lurcher , pity  they have to get old aint it  Stiff.:yes:

Ray my boss got two that he brings into work some times ,bred from a kennel in Norfolk and the women that breeds them had pups go to Africa to train to track poachers in the bush ,I wouldn't want one tracking me that's for sure ,my boss says his got a thing for finding deer in the woods and if he let them they be good at the job.

I mainly ferret and only had one one whippet with a 1/4 pointer in it,it was a pain for hunting off instead of waiting at warrens so gave him to a bloke for just mooching.It was a shame as the dog was a great retriever even diving into dams and creeks to catch some rabbits and only brought them to me if out with other hunters,but the hunting off thing made him useless for what I do.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Ray my boss got two that he brings into work some times ,bred from a kennel in Norfolk and the women that breeds them had pups go to Africa to train to track poachers in the bush ,I wouldn't want one tracking me that's for sure ,my boss says his got a thing for finding deer in the woods and if he let them they be good at the job.

this pure gsd , or  gsd x ?  i did watch the vid  on YouTube , it was south Africa   where they use  them gsd types  not sure if they had mal in them, but were strong fast type dogs , pull down any man, 80lb of teeth on your arm or leg  your not moving ,  bite from dog like them wreak you, my dog got very strong jaw as well, like say anything that moves in a wood, or anywhere  he find it day or night , dont need a lamp 1/2 the time   lol  

• Like 3
On 16/10/2020 at 17:54, bird said:

this pure gsd , or  gsd x ?  i did watch the vid  on YouTube , it was south Africa   where they use  them gsd types  not sure if they had mal in them, but were strong fast type dogs , pull down any man, 80lb of teeth on your arm or leg  your not moving ,  bite from dog like them wreak you, my dog got very strong jaw as well, like say anything that moves in a wood, or anywhere  he find it day or night , dont need a lamp 1/2 the time   lol  

His two are pure ray and I don't think they mal but one of other type Belgian herder .