6 hours ago, Chid said:

Recover from a good shot you mean ..

he can't take one cause it knocks him on his arse even shite cruiserweights have put fury down easy . He as really good recovery skills though .

Absolutely right....when Fury stands and fights people toe to toe he gets put on his arse......thats why he doesnt stand and fight people toe to toe anymore....earlier in his career when he was surrounded by all the gypsy warrior nonsense he fought out of emotion wanting to please a crowd and in doing so stood and had a scrap with opponents and he simpy isnt very good at having a scrap.....it was obvious to anyone whos ever been near a boxing ring that he had to get away from that trainer and all the silliness that went with it...get with a trainer who was going to utilise his strength,which is his size !.....since then he hasnt stood toe to toe,he gets on his bike,stays out of range and uses his advantages in size and length......but Fury has never had an opponent go after him,he has never been walked down....Joshua is a phenomenal finisher if he gets him hurt he,ll pick his punches correctly....but will Joshua stand off him, i hate the way punchers these days particularly in Britain get to a certain level on power and aggression but then get pulled back by a trainer who wants to teach them to box.....f**k all that commit to what got you there......if Joshua is allowed to get after Fury and put all his eggs in one basket i think he,ll stop him....but if he comes out passive and gets into a chess match i think he,ll lose,simple.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me Max is an idiot...the biggest berk on here by far.......but in all fairness i think throwing his name or address around in a thinly veiled threat is crossing a line that shouldnt be crossed.....

Wallin peppered his face all night... hes certainly hittable... and AJ can punch, plus if he has you rocked can finish.. It's a tight fight between 2 average heavies...  You desperately want

Fury is favourite but make no mistake about it AJ is much more of a threat than Wilder. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, shaaark said:

You're talking absolute drivel, yet again max.

A good cruiserweight would put joshua down eh? Like cunningham did to fury.

Fury knocked down 4 times by 3 different fighters. 

1st. Neven Pajkic; who?! Lol.

2nd. Steve Cunningham; CRUISERWEIGHT.

3rd. Deontay Wilder; who has the poorest/dodgiest record of any weight, not just heavyweight, in modern boxing. Who's supposed 'punch power' looks/seems impressive, because he's fought the poorest, most average opponents ALL HIS CAREER.

Anthony Joshua knocked down twice by two different fighters.

1st. Vladimir Klitschko; a proper BIG heavyweight with a great record and k o percentage against top opponents. Knocked joshua down, but then joshua gets up, knocks klitshcko down and stops him.

2. Andy Ruiz jr; another big heavyweight with a good k o percentage, that has consistently fought better opponents than wilder, or fury for that matter, and should've got the decision against parker. Knocks joshua down a few times, but joshua gets up because he isn't 'chinned', his balance has gone. And I still say he wasn't 'right' for that fight. But he gets up and fights on until the ref stops it, he didn't quit, as many fury fans keep saying.

Look up the obove boxers records etc. It's not just my opinion, it's boxing facts.

FACT :p lol ?

I think you was the chap on here who opened my eyes to Wilder i was getting swept along with the whole " power " thing.....then after i looked at his record and really studied his mannerisms and ring generalship i realised just how limited he really was...useful input that was mate ?

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I think you was the chap on here who opened my eyes to Wilder i was getting swept along with the whole " power " thing.....then after i looked at his record and really studied his mannerisms and ring generalship i realised just how limited he really was...useful input that was mate ?

?. That's what I've been saying for a couple of years gnash. Wilder really is poor as f**k. And those two fights with fury is what a lot of people are now judging fury on.  Not really that good, all things considered.

Watched something on youtube about a week ago, forget the fellas name, but he's of the same opinion to what I've been saying re wilder's punch power; 'if derek chisora, for example,  fought the same opponents as wilder, he'd also have the same k o ratio' lol.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, shaaark said:

?. That's what I've been saying for a couple of years gnash. Wilder really is poor as f**k. And those two fights with fury is what a lot of people are now judging fury on.  Not really that good, all things considered.

Watched something on youtube about a week ago, forget the fellas name, but he's of the same opinion to what I've been saying re wilder's punch power; 'if derek chisora, for example,  fought the same opponents as wilder, he'd also have the same k o ratio' lol.

Its not always about power though mate is it.....i do think Wilder is a sharp puncher it takes a certain amount of explosive power to put someones lights out with a single shot....but the level of competition leaves me wondering would he have landed the shots on better opposition,probably not.....he,s a sharpshooter/accurate type but can he create the openings ? im not sure he has the ability to slip and slide and open opponents up....and really Fury has proved that,in 2 fights Wilder has only really landed one clean shot !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its not always about power though mate is it.....i do think Wilder is a sharp puncher it takes a certain amount of explosive power to put someones lights out with a single shot....but the level of competition leaves me wondering would he have landed the shots on better opposition,probably not.....he,s a sharpshooter/accurate type but can he create the openings ? im not sure he has the ability to slip and slide and open opponents up....and really Fury has proved that,in 2 fights Wilder has only really landed one clean shot !

Yep, I get that ?

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I'm saying he wasn't 'right' before the fight. With claims about him being knocked out in sparring only eight days, I think, before the fight. He didn't look right on his ring walk, or at any time really during the whole fight. 

He could fight ruiz another 4, 5 or 6 times, and the result would be the same., 4, 5 or 6 wins for joshua

Your right about him looking off,who knows if the sparring is true,i remember rumours it was joey daweko but f..k knows,still think he quit but he deffo wernt himself

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

I'm saying he wasn't 'right' before the fight. With claims about him being knocked out in sparring only eight days, I think, before the fight. He didn't look right on his ring walk, or at any time really during the whole fight. 

He could fight ruiz another 4, 5 or 6 times, and the result would be the same., 4, 5 or 6 wins for joshua

Not sure about him beating ruiz 6 outta 6,ruiz was vastly overweight in thd 2nd fight and aj did look better but he spent most of the fight running from a super fat ruiz,when got hit he didnt like it,i think he knows he cant take a good shot anymore

7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Roger how do you become not being not being able to take a shot any more after one fight ? Do you mean he's scared of being ko d or stopped again 

I think his ability to take a punch has decreased,i dont know if it was the ruiz fight or maybe he did get knocked out in sparring but i think his chin has got deffo weaker since the klitscko fight,you can only take x amount of shots before you start fetting chinny imo

10 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Roger how do you become not being not being able to take a shot any more after one fight ? Do you mean he's scared of being ko d or stopped again 

I dont aj is scared off taking shots,i think hes smart enough to know that can no linger take em like he used to.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rogerbill said:

I think his ability to take a punch has decreased,i dont know if it was the ruiz fight or maybe he did get knocked out in sparring but i think his chin has got deffo weaker since the klitscko fight,you can only take x amount of shots before you start fetting chinny imo

I won't know having  no boxing experience but I know your chin doesn't get weaker if hit hard a couple of times or goes weaker unless your jaws broken maybe it's more your mind set worrys more or in ajs case what he has to lose but in the Ruiz fight he fought a totally different fight than the first aj has been down twice fury more aj opponents that dropped him were higher ranking than furys when they dropped him and all things said fury should of be stopped on cuts against wallin 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, General lee said:

I think I’m the wilder rematch fury proved he can push forward against a big puncher and wilder is a bigger puncher than Joshua there is just nothing Joshua has got to beat fury unless he gets really lucky with one punch and it would have to be very lucky because fury has proved he can take bigger punches than Joshua can give

I think AJ is a far better finisher than.wilder personally, his punch combinations are miles better, wilder is an awkward fighter with very big one punch power.

I agree though, Fury actually went forward in the 2nd fight and started to punch his weight, he showed up.every weakness Wilder had and fought the perfect fight against a very poor boxer...

Until that fight I honestly fought Fury would be beaten by AJ, he could expose AJs weaknesses no.doubt...

I hope it happens, I still think AJ will win it, mid rounds....but that ain't as confident as before lol

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I won't know having  no boxing experience but I know your chin doesn't get weaker if hit hard a couple of times or goes weaker unless your jaws broken maybe it's more your mind set worrys more or in ajs case what he has to lose but in the Ruiz fight he fought a totally different fight than the first aj has been down twice fury more aj opponents that dropped him were higher ranking than furys when they dropped him and all things said fury should of be stopped on cuts against wallin 

That cut was nasty,if i had to guess id say if wallin had that cut it would of been stopped,fury has been a few times against lower level fighters,i think ajs chin decline mite of happenend over a few fights and sparring inbetween,but il say its possible to take enough damage and your chin is never the same,aj seems to get hurt from every decent shot where i dont fury does imo

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

That cut was nasty,if i had to guess id say if wallin had that cut it would of been stopped,fury has been a few times against lower level fighters,i think ajs chin decline mite of happenend over a few fights and sparring inbetween,but il say its possible to take enough damage and your chin is never the same,aj seems to get hurt from every decent shot where i dont fury does imo

Not everything about taking shots is to do with how strong your whiskers are mate the shots you dont see coming are usually the ones that get you over and Joshua being a very offensive fighter is always going to get hit with those type of shots.....he puts everything into his own punches so only needs to get beaten to the punch and he,s in trouble.....whereas a defensively minded fighter naturally sees more of the shots coming....swings and roundabouts. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Balaur said:

A boxer who can counter well and fight going backwards might do well against AJ....

I think backing up from Joshua is a mistake mate....you cant get the full force of your own punches off on the back foot so Joshua is likely to just walk you down doing that i think its lateral movement and plenty of distance setting that beats Joshua,constantly forcing him to reset and change direction etc.....what years ago we used to call pot shotting ( like when a wasp keeps buzzing around you....its not going to kill you but it gets your attention )

• Haha 1