Jack the lad.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very pleased with Jacks progress, (bit of retrieving with my daughter.)  

Getting to know the ferret.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Yeah , I was saying to Jacob that he’s settled down and taking note of things now , his nose is unreal for his age. Well done on the jumping, that’s something I don’t do a lot of yet but it’ll come.

To be fair I haven’t done any jumping with him, but there is a fence between the garden and kennels and another between kennels and the rest of the yard and I kept finding him wandering around the yard. Eventually spotted the little bugger jumping them! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BobDown said:

First saluki / bull lurcher I’ve seen we feather, both beltin pups 

In the flesh he just looks like a strongly built heavily saluki blooded coursing type. But he does have a head like a brick, and feet like spades. There’s some power in him! 

• Like 1

Can I just ask people that breed 1st crosses, or people that have experience of it, how they come to the conclusion that you can't have a feathered 1st x saluki/greyhound, or a smooth coated 1st x deerhound/greyhound? Because I've seen both.

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can I just ask people that breed 1st crosses, or people that have experience of it, how they come to the conclusion that you can't have a feathered 1st x saluki/greyhound, or a smooth coated 1st x deerhound/greyhound? Because I've seen both.

or a smooth coated beddywhippet. according to some they don't exist. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fred90 said:

or a smooth coated beddywhippet. according to some they don't exist. 

Yep, I've seen em ?

Actually seen a pure beddy dog put to a pure whippet bitch.

8 pups, 2 smooth, the other 6 in between broken/rough coated.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I liked the look of em, well bred healthy pups, and the parents are good at what they do. 

Would be the sort of litter I would've taken a pup from if conditions were favourable ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

First x beddy/ greys very typey usually always blue/ black rough or broken never seen a smooth one

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

The smooth grey coat is dominant over feathered and the wire deer coat is dominant over smooth...ain't it? the grey would need the feathered gene...wouldn't it??