A goosey gander

quick spin out tonight with the young dog, it all adds to experience and fitness. 

There's not a great deal you can put about catching rabbits so I will keep it short and sweet.

Steady night out still reasonable light considering how low the moon is. Missed a few caught a few finished on 11. With her first black one.

20200911_023916.jpg.ddc0b654bfa6ba0aea0fb0bf40f92191.jpg

Had a cheeky slip on a goose just out of curiosity which stood its ground. Had a bit of a face off by the time I walked upto them. I realised it had been shot. They had clipped its wing so couldn't fly any more. So I put it out of its misery and will do something with it.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, trigger2 said:

quick spin out tonight with the young dog, it all adds to experience and fitness. 

There's not a great deal you can put about catching rabbits so I will keep it short and sweet.

Steady night out still reasonable light considering how low the moon is. Missed a few caught a few finished on 11. With her first black one.

Had a cheeky slip on a goose just out of curiosity which stood its ground. Had a bit of a face off by the time I walked upto them. I realised it had been shot. They had clipped its wing so couldn't fly any more. So I put it out of its misery and will do something with it.

Have a look at 'the scott rea project' on youtube trig. Shows you how to prepare and cook canada goose. And all game, rabbits, partridge, pigeon, venison, the lot. Easy to follow, and pretty funny too ?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Good going mate , the goose breast ain’t as bad as people make out if you no what do with it , cut in to thin strips and dipped in a mixture of flour ,salt,pepper,and dried chilly flakes then fried quick and hot it’s good to have with a Sallad or as already said Scott rea got a good video on goose 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Good going mate , the goose breast ain’t as bad as people make out if you no what do with it , cut in to thin strips and dipped in a mixture of flour ,salt,pepper,and dried chilly flakes then fried quick and hot it’s good to have with a Sallad or as already said Scott rea got a good video on goose 

Best simmer it for 2 hours then fry it 4 20 mins then pop it under the grill then bury it int garden

• Haha 1