Start em early...

Little un turned 4 during lockdown so now old enough but club onky just re-opened. First class yesterday, he absolutely loved it and was totally focussed on what the teacher was saying. Back tomorrow and Friday. I know 4 is young but he is a bit mental at times so helps burn off some steam. Plus hope he sticks with it for the discipline, respect and fitness.

IMG-20200817-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200817-WA0019.jpg

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

Little un turned 4 during lockdown so now old enough but club onky just re-opened. First class yesterday, he absolutely loved it and was totally focussed on what the teacher was saying. Back tomorrow and Friday. I know 4 is young but he is a bit mental at times so helps burn off some steam. Plus hope he sticks with it for the discipline, respect and fitness.

IMG-20200817-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200817-WA0019.jpg

Great to see young kids taking up sports, and parents actively encouraging them.

Is it a boxing club ?

Atb j 

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

IMG-20200817-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200817-WA0019.jpg

4 ain’t to early in this world now matey , hope he sticks to it mate ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, jetro said:

Great to see young kids taking up sports, and parents actively encouraging them.

Is it a boxing club ?

Atb j 

It's a martial arts centre. They do all sorts ju-jitsu, muay Thai, kick boxing etc. The class he has joined is called anti-bully but it's just the intro class really. If he wants to keep doing it the next classes are kick boxing. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

4 ain’t to early in this world now matey , hope he sticks to it mate ??

Sadly gota keep ahead of the game nowadays. It'll do him good, he is a bit of a wild one so hoping this gives him something to focus his energy on.

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Sadly gota keep ahead of the game nowadays. It'll do him good, he is a bit of a wild one so hoping this gives him something to focus his energy on.

It’s a tricky road pal at that age As Ive walked it myself and you Spend hours annoying yourself at them when they jack it in . 
I’ve spent hours with n football pitches, ballet halls , dance classes , gymnastics until finally she seems settled at cheerleading for the time being 

knackers you out finding something for them to burn energy at. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My son and grandson ,a few years back  , my son started at eight and my grandson started at six .my son runs a karate club in Lakeside , he got his third dan last year and my grandson Is now a black ..

The confidence it gave them going through school etc was unbelievable ..hope your lad sticks with it ..

9B25E8BA-69FC-4FBE-B80E-88FD199A3661.jpeg.16ba97de168ef735eb6619ac8fe47556.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Had the wee fella in with us from he was a baby. We got a great gym quite family oriented and most folk get there kids along from babys. Gym even runs an session for new mums to take along babys whilst they train.

IMG-20200819-WA0000.jpg

I reckon you may be able to take this one. 

• Haha 4

Four is not to young, my son started kickboxing at four mate, he just turned ten there, an he's still whacking away,one thing I would say is encourage him don't go overboard lol, it's easy if he's starts fighting in the ring ye can get carried away.

Hes had 8 boxing fights an few kickboxing fights, good to see the weeman at it mate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, sussex said:

My son and grandson ,a few years back  , my son started at eight and my grandson started at six .my son runs a karate club in Lakeside , he got his third dan last year and my grandson Is now a black ..

The confidence it gave them going through school etc was unbelievable ..hope your lad sticks with it ..

Great pic

• Like 2
5 hours ago, sussex said:

great pic, and any type of defence is good for young people. but talking from experience from doing karate, it fooks your joints up long term,  doing press ups on your knuckles = wooden floor, punching into fresh air = kata , all things etc that yu do in  karate , had 3  1/2 years at it.  now boxing far better  sport to learn  even just boxing training  without sparring , but i liked getting in the ring , but great for young boys and girls  deff

• Like 1

Four is a good age, my grandson is Five he’s been training MMA for a bit now, had a couple tournaments and been graded a couple of times too. This is him with the Flu, he refused to not compete. Makes ya proud. 

I think the secret is keep it fun, mix it up and they’ll do ok. My grandson goes skateboarding a couple of times per week as well, all strength and character building. 

keeps em of that f***ing screen too

D38EF738-F124-4476-B4B1-98DAFE2181AB.jpeg

Edited by Dougieboy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My boy aged 8 going into school to show them his jujitsu .. he’s trained by Helen curry ( combat base). Helen had to shut down because of COVID and he ain’t rolled for months, we are waiting for the call to get back training.

59D0ADDF-C3C1-4CA6-9679-024607FA1BC7.jpeg

• Like 5