2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

It's not all sweet out of pro football though is it chartpolski? I know nothing of the club you mention but a family member of mine has been involved with a boys club for quite some time. Initially because the coach of his lads under 8 team quit and he stepped in to keep the season going. He ended up getting his badges and carried on next season. Long story short he more or less took control and dragged the club up by its ears to where they needed to be in order to survive. He is successful in business and got the necessary sponsorship to improve the basics but also used his gift of patter/bullshit to get better coaches.

The thing is though, the crap he still has to deal with is unbelievable. The in fighting and back stabbing. The worst? That would be the parents. The shit he puts up with. I would not last a week.

I think wilf on here had to put up with similar East coast no wonder some good coaches can't be arsed shame as it's the kids that miss out regardless of talent 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a topic that involves ,football ,and NUFC  , Max could make Greb seem like a reasonable chap who doesn't like a never ending argument .

He'd have a saluki and a white bed sheet bought the day they took over. 

Given that no one agrees with you I’d suggest it ain’t. Its Max-sense and Max-morals.... Part of the greater world view that is Maxology

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

It's not all sweet out of pro football though is it chartpolski? I know nothing of the club you mention but a family member of mine has been involved with a boys club for quite some time. Initially because the coach of his lads under 8 team quit and he stepped in to keep the season going. He ended up getting his badges and carried on next season. Long story short he more or less took control and dragged the club up by its ears to where they needed to be in order to survive. He is successful in business and got the necessary sponsorship to improve the basics but also used his gift of patter/bullshit to get better coaches.

The thing is though, the crap he still has to deal with is unbelievable. The in fighting and back stabbing. The worst? That would be the parents. The shit he puts up with. I would not last a week.

I played for Barnsley academy up to the age of 16 and in all honesty I hated every minute of it. 

I think that is part of the reason why I never put on a pair of boots competitively since. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I must admit the atmosphere I have seen on tv of darts games looks like it could be a good night out and crack use to have a dabble nothing serious just local pub stuff I must admit charts footy in the non league is of a very good standard and I think more and more are turning to it that includes some big investment with some teams like Salford flyde ect 

I went to the last Premier League darts night at the Arena in Newcastle and the atmosphere was fantastic !

10,000 people in what is basically a huge aircraft hangar singing and shouting, lunatics in fancy dress doing the conga around the place and great darts ! What's not to like ?

Cheers.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I went to the last Premier League darts night at the Arena in Newcastle and the atmosphere was fantastic !

10,000 people in what is basically a huge aircraft hangar singing and shouting, lunatics in fancy dress doing the conga around the place and great darts ! What's not to like ?

Cheers.

That's the kind of scenes I saw on tv charts it's deffenity moved on from Bristow Lowe Bobby George  days regarding. crowds and atmosphere 

Edited by Blackmag
30 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I played for Barnsley academy up to the age of 16 and in all honesty I hated every minute of it. 

I think that is part of the reason why I never put on a pair of boots competitively since. 

That Barry bennell was a twat ,wasn't he .

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

That's the kind of scenes I saw on tv charts it's deffenity moved on from Bristow Lowe Bobby George  days regarding. crowds and atmosphere 

My missus was world ranked in women's darts back in the 80's.

She partnered Eric in the Doubles at the Swedish Open;

IMG_0624.JPG.a3056e6ef6fc181353bbfd0f538038cc.JPG

Darts are far superior in every way these days.

Cheers.

• Like 4

To Charts if you're a Newcastle fan you should remember one of the coaches who trained me whilst I was playing at Barnsley, Stewart Barrowclough ring any bells? 

I'm sure he played for the Magpies in the 70's or 80's.

Edited by Greb147
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

My missus was world ranked in women's darts back in the 80's.

She partnered Eric in the Doubles at the Swedish Open;

IMG_0624.JPG.a3056e6ef6fc181353bbfd0f538038cc.JPG

Darts are far superior in every way these days.

Cheers.

Eric Bristow daughter is married to a lad I know I think drink gripped him towards the end shame really a fantastic darts player I think he mentored Phil Taylor for a bit 

Just now, Greb147 said:

To Charts if you're a Newcastle fan you should remember one of the coaches who trained me whilst I was playing, Stewart Barrowclough ring any bells? 

I'm not a fan, but yes, I remember him.

I live on an estate where Newcastle bought a lot of houses for their players a long while back. Ray Thompson the Kit Manager lives next door to me, and John Anderson lives behind me. 

So Newcastle United is a big part of life in this area, you can't avoid it ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

See, now that holds a massive personal interest for me, what did you hate about it mate ? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

See, now that holds a massive personal interest for me, what did you hate about it mate ? 

Just hated the pressure and expectations if I'm being honest from what I remember. 

Fair enough you have that when playing for school and for a Sunday league team but I just didn't enjoy my game whilst playing in the academy.