Massive thank you to FOXHUNTER

I just like to say a massive thank you to FH, he very kindly said he would come with me for a bit of buck stalking, so we arrange to meet and have an evening at the sheep farm

on arrival the weather wasn’t good, windy and cool, but we pressed on, a steady walk around the field and ending up at a spot where I’d seen them in the past, as the rain started it was looking like an early bath when he glassed the doe in the corn with a buck in tow, moving into position the buck heading towards cover, as it stopped I got to take the shot, after retrieving the beast he took the time to show me the right way to do things, I’ve learned a lot tonight, top man ???

777D842A-F2A8-48FB-998B-57A88069B83F.jpeg

• Like 17

12 hours ago, Stavross said:

I just like to say a massive thank you to FH, he very kindly said he would come with me for a bit of buck stalking, so we arrange to meet and have an evening at the sheep farm

on arrival the weather wasn’t good, windy and cool, but we pressed on, a steady walk around the field and ending up at a spot where I’d seen them in the past, as the rain started it was looking like an early bath when he glassed the doe in the corn with a buck in tow, moving into position the buck heading towards cover, as it stopped I got to take the shot, after retrieving the beast he took the time to show me the right way to do things, I’ve learned a lot tonight, top man ???

777D842A-F2A8-48FB-998B-57A88069B83F.jpeg

Is that your psycho look ?

Edited by Gav
Fat fingers McGraww
  • Haha 5

Nice to meet up Stav. I thought we were going to draw a blank as the weather wasnt the best especially when it started raining but ever the optimist we sat it out and were rewarded with our prize. Stav pulled off a good shot as the buck was about to disappear and couldn't see most of its body as concealed by the crop. A solid strike in the shoulder followed by a 20 yard stumble and down he went. Now you just have to butcher it ??????

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Nice to meet up Stav. I thought we were going to draw a blank as the weather wasnt the best especially when it started raining but ever the optimist we sat it out and were rewarded with our prize. Stav pulled off a good shot as the buck was about to disappear and couldn't see most of its body as concealed by the crop. A solid strike in the shoulder followed by a 20 yard stumble and down he went. Now you just have to butcher it ??????

It’s been done, dropped it off for an old boy and he was over the moon as he can’t get out anymore, I’ve told him to save me a bit ??

• Like 4