Sign in to follow this  
Stavross

Massive thank you to FOXHUNTER

I just like to say a massive thank you to FH, he very kindly said he would come with me for a bit of buck stalking, so we arrange to meet and have an evening at the sheep farm

on arrival the weather wasn’t good, windy and cool, but we pressed on, a steady walk around the field and ending up at a spot where I’d seen them in the past, as the rain started it was looking like an early bath when he glassed the doe in the corn with a buck in tow, moving into position the buck heading towards cover, as it stopped I got to take the shot, after retrieving the beast he took the time to show me the right way to do things, I’ve learned a lot tonight, top man 👍👍👍

777D842A-F2A8-48FB-998B-57A88069B83F.jpeg

• Like 17

12 hours ago, Stavross said:

I just like to say a massive thank you to FH, he very kindly said he would come with me for a bit of buck stalking, so we arrange to meet and have an evening at the sheep farm

on arrival the weather wasn’t good, windy and cool, but we pressed on, a steady walk around the field and ending up at a spot where I’d seen them in the past, as the rain started it was looking like an early bath when he glassed the doe in the corn with a buck in tow, moving into position the buck heading towards cover, as it stopped I got to take the shot, after retrieving the beast he took the time to show me the right way to do things, I’ve learned a lot tonight, top man 👍👍👍

777D842A-F2A8-48FB-998B-57A88069B83F.jpeg

Is that your psycho look 🤣

Edited by Gav
Fat fingers McGraww
  • Haha 5

Good going mate!

Kenny Craig.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Very nice when a couple of lads get together, and get a result 

nice one lads 👍😉🦌

You make it sound like broke back mountain Dave 

saying that he is a handsome chap 😂

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Some good grub there mate.

Is he fat? ( The buck 🙄).

The buck wasn’t very big

no comment on the other fella 😁

• Haha 2

Nice to meet up Stav. I thought we were going to draw a blank as the weather wasnt the best especially when it started raining but ever the optimist we sat it out and were rewarded with our prize. Stav pulled off a good shot as the buck was about to disappear and couldn't see most of its body as concealed by the crop. A solid strike in the shoulder followed by a 20 yard stumble and down he went. Now you just have to butcher it 😁🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Nice to meet up Stav. I thought we were going to draw a blank as the weather wasnt the best especially when it started raining but ever the optimist we sat it out and were rewarded with our prize. Stav pulled off a good shot as the buck was about to disappear and couldn't see most of its body as concealed by the crop. A solid strike in the shoulder followed by a 20 yard stumble and down he went. Now you just have to butcher it 😁🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

It’s been done, dropped it off for an old boy and he was over the moon as he can’t get out anymore, I’ve told him to save me a bit 😁👍

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s been done, dropped it off for an old boy and he was over the moon as he can’t get out anymore, I’ve told him to save me a bit 😁👍

Great stuff 👍

• Like 1

On 27/07/2020 at 02:46, Gav said:

Is that your psycho look 🤣

Why does the deer look more psycho than Stavros? I'm expecting it to pop back to life any moment for revenge...

• Haha 1