22 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

I was curious as I knew I had a few spare bands in green gzk .66, 25/20 taper, but I’ve just checked and the full length of the band from the pouch to the end of elastic is 16cm.

I am happy to post them on to you if you can make use of them.......if there too short I’m sure somebody else on here could make use of them, but you have first refusal.

I was using these for 9.5mm. I’ve recently been shooting 8mm hence these sitting doing nothing.

Just let me know if you want them.....then message me your address.

thanks for the offer. I would like to try them. did you find them strong enough for 9.5mm steel?. what bands are you using for 8mm? 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

made a straddle from laburnum wood fits my hand a treat

I lost a bit of form recently so decided to use the gzk .66 that short straw sent me. I had a load of 7mm bearings that you get as freebies from balls of steel not doing anything so used them...WOW...

Tubes last longer, not as accurate some say......I don’t use tubes. Yes flat stuff equals bands. If you do buy a catapult try a scout copy off eBay.....they’re  vary in price...... but generally £8 -£

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

thanks for the offer. I would like to try them. did you find them strong enough for 9.5mm steel?. what bands are you using for 8mm? 

My main hunting bands for 9.5 were 25/20mm my active length was 15cm. I didn’t do much with the .66 green gzk as I was using the last of my precise.....similar thickness before I stopped over to 8mm, but as I remember they were powerful enough to hunt with without a doubt.

For 8mm I’m using sheshou 7.5 or gzk .66 green.......I’ve just been practicing when out with the 8mm.....takes a bit of getting used to as they fly a bit faster....certainly sharpening up my skills and eye sight. The taper I use is 18/13mm again 15cm draw, but with the sheshou I add a cm to my final length of band....you could definitely lower the .75 etc to a lighter band, but I like it like this.

I get them posted to you......might be a few days before they get posted though.

Just message me your address and I’ll get it sorted.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1

I lost a bit of form recently so decided to use the gzk .66 that short straw sent me. I had a load of 7mm bearings that you get as freebies from balls of steel not doing anything so used them...WOW... the accuracy was unreal, spent a day just shooting bottle tops out to 20 yrd to get my confidence and form back . Yep it worked, cheers shortstraw ??.

7BCEAB5E-0484-45ED-9E2B-2B79CFB9BF75.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Love the scout lt. My anchor point is generally under my check bone, but for some reason lately I seem to have lost my up down accuracy. I seem to be shooting high.. I don’t know if it’s since I’ve changed my bands and gone to 8mm.....I don’t really wont to move my anchor much higher as I doesn’t feel right.

Also just wondering what everyone divides their  draw length by to get your active length. I generally divide by 5, but I’m finding my bands seem to be snapping prematurely.

Edited by Shortstraw

My anchor point never changes, if I shoot instinctive it’s just under my eye/top cheek and if I shoot gangsta with a reference point on the fork tip it’s the corner of my mouth, it’s the frame that moves up or down for me.

13 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Love the scout lt. My anchor point is generally under my check bone, but for some reason lately I seem to have lost my up down accuracy. I seem to be shooting high.. I don’t know if it’s since I’ve changed my bands and gone to 8mm.....I don’t really wont to move my anchor much higher as I doesn’t feel right.

Also just wondering what everyone divides their  draw length by to get your active length. I generally divide by 5, but I’m finding my bands seem to be snapping prematurely.

Where u get the scout mate ?

1 hour ago, C.green said:

Where u get the scout mate ?

Got scout Lt from pro shot catapults about £35. Got the Chinese scout copy off eBay........ for some reason the price seems to move around on these £5- £13.

i also had a scout from simple shot in America........( I reckon they will be the only ones with the scout lt in stock at moment)

13 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

My anchor point never changes, if I shoot instinctive it’s just under my eye/top cheek and if I shoot gangsta with a reference point on the fork tip it’s the corner of my mouth, it’s the frame that moves up or down for me.

I changed the length of the  sheshou the other day and made it longer due to the bands snapping too soon. Honestly i don’t know what was going on, but  I’m pretty sure I hadn’t changed my technique.........but the balls were flying all over the place. I reckon the .75 are probably borderline too much for the 8mm. I’ll have to try .6/.65 sheshou. For now I’ll be using the .66 green gzk and I’ve some .58 black cold weather which is probably around the same draw weight as the .66 green. I’ll see what these are like when I increase the band length....I think they’ll be ok.

My anchor point is the end of my big nose regardless of how far back I draw even full butterfly if it runs past my nose I tend to hit, but on the starship it works out at the corner of my mouth, a full inch lower for some reason, don try to fathom it out just go with what works, I also find it much better to point my forks forward rather than at a right angle to the bands as all the instructional videos suggest, again don’t no why but it works for me??

8 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

I changed the length of the  sheshou the other day and made it longer due to the bands snapping too soon. Honestly i don’t know what was going on, but  I’m pretty sure I hadn’t changed my technique.........but the balls were flying all over the place. I reckon the .75 are probably borderline too much for the 8mm. I’ll have to try .6/.65 sheshou. For now I’ll be using the .66 green gzk and I’ve some .58 black cold weather which is probably around the same draw weight as the .66 green. I’ll see what these are like when I increase the band length....I think they’ll be ok.

The.66 gzk you sent me is lovely stuff, I shot 7mm and 8mm fine with it ??

• Like 1
11 hours ago, C.green said:

Whats with the small ammo fellers ?

I was religiously using 9.5mm about 25/20 .6 ish band, but a lot on YouTube seem to be using 8mm  for hunting...... with tapers like 20/15 or 18/12 Or similar, with good results. I guess at the end of the day you try and either it’s for you or not. I tried it because I’m a tight get and you get more balls for your money. 

I don’t tend to kill a lot these days don’t know what’s happened to me.....think I’m getting a bit soft, but I took a rabbit out the other day no problem at quite a bit of distance with .66 gzk, 18/13 taper scout lt.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

The.66 gzk you sent me is lovely stuff, I shot 7mm and 8mm fine with it ??

Did you try that little gzk small purple pouch? I think there brilliant,, they hold their shape well and love the indent for consistent placement of the ball.