• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

made a straddle from laburnum wood fits my hand a treat

I lost a bit of form recently so decided to use the gzk .66 that short straw sent me. I had a load of 7mm bearings that you get as freebies from balls of steel not doing anything so used them...WOW...

Tubes last longer, not as accurate some say......I don’t use tubes. Yes flat stuff equals bands. If you do buy a catapult try a scout copy off eBay.....they’re  vary in price...... but generally £8 -£

Posted Images

On 11/06/2020 at 12:03, fred90 said:

is there any difference in the colour of GZK bands? Black, green, yellow etc. the yellow seem to last me longer or is it just coincidence? 

I heard something on a vid that they are different......and unfortunately I can’t guarantee it but I’m sure someone said, and I’m not sure if they knew there stuff or not......but...........wait for it...........yellow green black.........from left to right equals a tougher draw.

Im not sure if it’s speed related or not. 

Im not keen on gzk.....I’ve had a few now that got holes in the middle of the bands. Prefer sheshou or precise.

45 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

I heard something on a vid that they are different......and unfortunately I can’t guarantee it but I’m sure someone said, and I’m not sure if they knew there stuff or not......but...........wait for it...........yellow green black.........from left to right equals a tougher draw.

Im not sure if it’s speed related or not. 

Im not keen on gzk.....I’ve had a few now that got holes in the middle of the bands. Prefer sheshou or precise.

thanks for that. I have yellow and green at the moment.   .76 and yellow is much stronger draw I am questioning if the green is really. .76.would like to try sheshou or precise but can't find it in.76.

On 11/06/2020 at 12:03, fred90 said:

is there any difference in the colour of GZK bands? Black, green, yellow etc. the yellow seem to last me longer or is it just coincidence? 

Strange that is i find the black 1mm last the longest but green ya never know when its gonna ping on you.

52 minutes ago, fred90 said:

thanks for that. I have yellow and green at the moment.   .76 and yellow is much stronger draw I am questioning if the green is really. .76.would like to try sheshou or precise but can't find it in.76.

Check this seller out....he had some earlier .....sheshou...that is

https://www.cattyshack.co.uk/product-category/flat-bands/rolls-of-band/page/2/

Ive been trying sheshou .75 with 18mm -13mm active 15 and 8mm , works for me but everyone’s different.

I did find it was going prematurely at the pouch when I divided my draw length by five so normally my active is 15 so I just add a centimetre and it’s lasting well.

The only thing I don’t like about sheshou and it’s stupid, but it gets on my nerves.......is the bands some how shimmer with sunlight.....and it catches your eye.......not when you shoot...that’s fine.

The new SimpleShot black bands that came on my scout lt seemed different to gzk black. The SimpleShot seemed like it was tough band......wasn’t the right band for me at the time so I only used it for a few shots.

Typical......lol

I've just bought a roll of green gzk to have a  go making my own band sets.......

Anyone know the best place or where to buy the sheshou elastic from ???

One or two places I've come across have all sold out......

Cheers

Jay  ?

3 hours ago, fred90 said:

only thing with catty shack is ready made bands are ott. I am on ttf at moment and always buy ready made bands. 

Wouldn't cost you much to do yourself.....you’ll save a fortune.....plus once you made a couple it’s straight forward.....loads of vids or advice on here if you need any advice.....honestly it’s worth it. Get a band template of the taper you want for a tenner.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

Yes I find active length 17cm is just right. 

I was curious as I knew I had a few spare bands in green gzk .66, 25/20 taper, but I’ve just checked and the full length of the band from the pouch to the end of elastic is 16cm.

I am happy to post them on to you if you can make use of them.......if there too short I’m sure somebody else on here could make use of them, but you have first refusal.

I was using these for 9.5mm. I’ve recently been shooting 8mm hence these sitting doing nothing.

Just let me know if you want them.....then message me your address.

Ah......just realised your shooting ttf and these are over the top.......anyway....it’s up to you.....I was shooting ttf for quite some time and recently switched back to ott.

Edited by Shortstraw