4 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Ok lads, sorry if im being a pest, but if you don't ask you don't get, so here goes, I have mentioned on here in a previous post, that I want and need to be near my daughter who lives in west bergholt Colchester Essex. now then at the moment im in a 2 bedroomed housing association house, I have applied to Colchester borough homes ltd, to be housed, and they have very kindly rang me and informed me, im on there list, but on band e,  so don't hold my breath, I have also been looking at all accommodation, rooms to let. caravans, numerous phone calls, to folks but to no avail,,    so without me going any further, what im asking, cos ive googled myself daft. so what im asking, does anyone living in or around that area no of anything,  I honestly would consider a caravan, surely there must be a farmer or summat with a couple of caravans he would like to rent out, folks keep telling me this wont happen over night, and I fully realise that, but time isn't on my side

thank you 

Your lucky to have a two bedroom house on social housing as I always thought a single person could only get a one bedroom flat?

• Thanks 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad ye

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you. If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to be

Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting

Posted Images

Just now, iworkwhippets said:

there was 2 of us until last september

Just something iv heard but don't know much about it tbh, they haven't changed your accommodation due your situation changing then, if say the social managed to find yo accommodation somewhere else were you get another two bedroom or end up with a flat?

3 hours ago, timmytree said:

Got to be careful with statics, the ones where you have to be off site for a month are basically holiday vans, ground rent is high and if Keith is on any benefits he won't get help with ground rent. Permanent living vans are more expensive but site fees are much cheaper, SITE rent can be covered by benefits, GROUND rent isn't.

Interesting that and I guess the living vans are hard to come by were as the holiday places are everywhere 

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

Just get a caravan and stick it were you want if they try and move you on just jump on floor and claim you can't breathe, some boot polish may help also

I remember a couple doing that about 25 year ago on abit of waste land I think just off an old bridle path the council tried to get them off but they managed to stay there for years not sure if there still there now they was getting on abit and I ain't been round there for a while but do you think you could get away with doin that these days or would they just turf you out.

If you find something temp,you could get round the local pubs,shops,farm shops etc and ask sbout for something.i will chip in,if you need a caravan,i know your a man who wont take cash help,but you fukin will have too.get yourself a cosy caravavan tucked up a farm.cushty

• Like 2

i.am not clued up on this but can't you do a mutual exchange with any council  and people who want to move to your area.

here you could many years ago do a mutual exchange anywhere in the country if both councils and tenants agreed !!!

just a thought!!!! could say you need to because of your health....

28 minutes ago, dodger said:

Just something iv heard but don't know much about it tbh, they haven't changed your accommodation due your situation changing then, if say the social managed to find yo accommodation somewhere else were you get another two bedroom or end up with a flat?

id only be entitled to a 1 bedroomed property,just had an email from Colchester borough homes ltd, I filled an on line application form yesterday to be considered by them to be homed they rang me telling me id been successful but put on band e, they also sent me an email, for me to confirm whom I am, asking for details I didn't mid submitting to them, they have got back to me thanking me, so im on the list,        but band E,     Told em gimmee a bukta tent, n im happy

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, samuria said:

i.am not clued up on this but can't you do a mutual exchange with any council  and people who want to move to your area.

here you could many years ago do a mutual exchange anywhere in the country if both councils and tenants agreed !!!

im on the exchange register  mate

17 minutes ago, samuria said:

health they don't give a monkies mate

24 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

If you find something temp,you could get round the local pubs,shops,farm shops etc and ask sbout for something.i will chip in,if you need a caravan,i know your a man who wont take cash help,but you fukin will have too.get yourself a cosy caravavan tucked up a farm.cushty

thank you very much my friend, ive been sat at this comp since last night, believe it or not, I never slept last night, as crude as it may seem, with all the sites emails and so on, if some owd farmer in the Colchester area we a decent little van said get thissen in theer,  say no more

9 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

health they don't give a monkies mate

i thought it was between the interested parties. ie you and a couple in the colchester area?

then the council just checked both parties agree and that's it.... swap away 

my cousin once did that just looked on the exchange register ?????

12 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

thank you very much my friend, ive been sat at this comp since last night, believe it or not, I never slept last night, as crude as it may seem, with all the sites emails and so on, if some owd farmer in the Colchester area we a decent little van said get thissen in theer,  say no more

Thats the spirit kieth.good to look forward,like going on holiday dont matter how old you are its always exciting.what places you will see,who will you meet,what will you do.????hope you find somewere

• Like 1