8 minutes ago, socks said:

Wilf don’t forget the man is in his late seventies and has had a stroke ... he is not young and fit like most of us so probably needs help ... he is desperate to see his daughter and has been offered help which I completely understand he is grabbing with both hands ... you have to see things from his perspective. 

Understood squire, but I told him exactly how to go about things yesterday and I know it works because I know a few people who got sorted against the odds exactly like that.

And his reply was basically “I ain’t doing that” so what do you say after that ? 

You can’t not bother yourself and try and shame a bloke into doing it for you in public.....you just can’t, it’s not fair.

We have all felt sympathy for the man all the way along and I’m sure all of us are more than happy to offer advice and help to the best of our ability and the advice I gave him was the best advice for Essex councils.......you can’t just say “f**k that, too hard” 

I don’t need to tell a proper chap like you any of this anyway mate, you know it yourself ;) 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Massive positive here Keirh, you've reached out to your daughter and she has accepted that and you are now forming a new relationship, that is a brilliant turn of events in what has been a very bad ye

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you. If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to be

Would love to help mate as I’m in Essex but let me tell you getting housing down this way is a nightmare,don’t know anyone this way who has been housed that didn’t play the game of landlords evicting

Posted Images

I still haven't had the man the f**k up yet, but nearly, I have just this min pmd gnasher, apologising if ive dumped on him, after his offer of help, reading back on my posts perhaps I should man the f**k up, no worries lads life goes on and thanks for listening to the ramblings of an old man,

thanks 

1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

I still haven't had the man the f**k up yet, but nearly, I have just this min pmd gnasher, apologising if ive dumped on him, after his offer of help, reading back on my posts perhaps I should man the f**k up, no worries lads life goes on and thanks for listening to the ramblings of an old man,

thanks 

I don't think it's a man the f**k up message he's trying to say pal more you do everything you can to influence it and so will others, best chance of getting what you want and no one's left to feel put on. Good luck pal I really hope you see your days out near family.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

thanks 

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you.

If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to because of your physical and mental health......however she then has to make the case that her house may not be big enough and that you need a warden controlled gaff of your own.

Then you go to the doctor and lay it in thick about health, suicidal thoughts and all that old bollocks and get a report from the doctor.......which you then take up the housing.

They will assign you a lady for your case and then basically you just keep pestering until they find a sheltered warden controlled place.

Thats how you do it, may take a couple of months but you get there in the end.

I’ll just add, you ain’t having nothing you ain’t entitled to.....your a white old age pensioner who has worked and paid in, why shouldn’t you have a gaff near your kids ;) 

I’ll also add that if push comes to shove, you and your daughter will have to tell a few porkies and she can say she is throwing you out then they will 100% give you somewhere but, as I said, you have to go through the process.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 12
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

Nothing to do with man up mate, take my advice, play the game and they will sort you.

If your daughter is down there the best way would be to move in with her and the two of you say you had to because of your physical and mental health......however she then has to make the case that her house may not be big enough and that you need a warden controlled gaff of your own.

Then you go to the doctor and lay it in thick about health, suicidal thoughts and all that old bollocks and get a report from the doctor.......which you then take up the housing.

They will assign you a lady for your case and then basically you just keep pestering until they find a sheltered warden controlled place.

Thats how you do it, may take a couple of months but you get there in the end.

I’ll just add, you ain’t having nothing you ain’t entitled to.....your a white old age pensioner who has worked and paid in, why shouldn’t you have a gaff near your kids ;) 

wasn't gonna carry on this topic, just the ramblings of an old man, but I wonder if this is a problem with old age, anyways look and this does hurt cos ive told a white lie just to console myself,  but the offer from my daughter go live with  her was,  if I had the room dad you could come live with me, so maybe my feelings just aren't reciprocated in the same way, I dunno, secondly to throw suicidal tendencies at said council, and that old bollocks would be a lie, therefore perhaps doing someone with suicidal thoughts and that old bollocks out of a home through my lies so just lets forget it now,   I be ok

3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

wasn't gonna carry on this topic, just the ramblings of an old man, but I wonder if this is a problem with old age, anyways look and this does hurt cos ive told a white lie just to console myself,  but the offer from my daughter go live with  her was,  if I had the room dad you could come live with me, so maybe my feelings just aren't reciprocated in the same way, I dunno, secondly to throw suicidal tendencies at said council, and that old bollocks would be a lie, therefore perhaps doing someone with suicidal thoughts and that old bollocks out of a home through my lies so just lets forget it now,   I be ok

There’s plenty of space in warden controlled places, the nature of being old means they come up all the time as people pop their clogs.

The fact she don’t have enough space is a good thing, a bit of inconvenience for a couple of months for both of you but it will help you get somewhere.

As for telling a lie, the spades have 3 council houses and a big gaff back in Lagos.....they ain’t telling the truth and everyone knows it so that sort of a mute point

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

Your in the system re Essex council by reading thru this .

Sounds like if you play the oracle you could get sorted sooner rather than later.

In the meantime plan a weekend visit.'

Take things one step at a time.

If that visit goes well then plan another a couple weeks later.

Jumping in both feet first may not be the best way forward for all concerned ?

It might just not work out.

Best dip your toes in for a few months re visits and see how it goes ?

I’d say that is actually very good advice.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Understood squire, but I told him exactly how to go about things yesterday and I know it works because I know a few people who got sorted against the odds exactly like that.

And his reply was basically “I ain’t doing that” so what do you say after that ? 

You can’t not bother yourself and try and shame a bloke into doing it for you in public.....you just can’t, it’s not fair.

We have all felt sympathy for the man all the way along and I’m sure all of us are more than happy to offer advice and help to the best of our ability and the advice I gave him was the best advice for Essex councils.......you can’t just say “f**k that, too hard” 

I don’t need to tell a proper chap like you any of this anyway mate, you know it yourself ;) 

My apologies hadn’t read the full thread ???

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Your in the system re Essex council by reading thru this .

Sounds like if you play the oracle you could get sorted sooner rather than later.

In the meantime plan a weekend visit.'

Take things one step at a time.

If that visit goes well then plan another a couple weeks later.

Jumping in both feet first may not be the best way forward for all concerned ?

It might just not work out.

Best dip your toes in for a few months re visits and see how it goes ?

yes filled in the necessary application form with Colchester borough homes, they got back to me saying, that now I was on there books for them to rehome me, but on band e, never the less its a start

Sorry but I agree with Keith and his attitude about not lying to the council .. 

I will not and have never lied to try and gain an advantage in life infact I do not tell porkies full stop .. 

FFS do people not have morals nowadays 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

I will not and have never lied to try and gain an advantage in life infact I do not tell porkies full stop .. 

He's openly talked about being suicidal on here, were is the lieing? 

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chid said:

Then he will stay where he is, simple as that mate.

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Then he will stay where he is, simple as that mate.

No disrespect to you chid, and thank you, but sadly wilf may not be right, but that's the way of the world right now, even my own daughter has not long told me, sometimes you have to think about yourself, shall I be informing the council, I have suicidal thoughts, even though they are the furthest thoughts on my mind at the moment,  fek knows, shall I remain hear if I don't,   defo not

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have you not got family you could have pop round and help out Kieth lad? 

I have a daughter in law, never came near when her mum was dying,   on the day she passed, macmillan asked ruth my wife has she any family,  yes she said, but she doesn't care never seen her since the funeral, wasn't there for her mum sure as hell she will be there for me