Pure beeds where would you be without them ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Blue and Dawn

IMG_20200602_171817~2.jpg

IMG_20200602_171911~2.jpg

Again pal proper history Dawn's owner lives near me but doesn't keep a runner now and that's only pic I've ever seen of Blue old Alwyn was always miffed that Jeff got his name on Blue and was never known as Alwyn's Blue ?

25 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Well good sandymere ran in a dry climate have to have the minerals no other substitute for them thanks loads for posting ????

Think we're getting a pretty dry climate here these days☀️

5 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Prob the same as back in the day.

Some pure class ' some good some average and some not so good .

Probably a lot less lies and ego's back in the day ? Who knows?

It was prob more about the sport back then and less about the money and everything else that goes with it ?

Lies & egos have played a big part in ruining lurchers, you only need to watch a few of the coursing dvds to see that. 

Its now standard to charge £1000 a pup because it’s great grandmother won a few matches worlds gone mad but for as long as people keep paying it they’ll keep charging it

24 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Lies & egos have played a big part in ruining lurchers, you only need to watch a few of the coursing dvds to see that. 

Its now standard to charge £1000 a pup because it’s great grandmother won a few matches worlds gone mad but for as long as people keep paying it they’ll keep charging it

I have noticed on these videos the slips seem to be getting shorter, don't know what's happening there like. 

• Like 1

I've been in the game well over 50 years, and believe me; the ego's, the lies, the exaggerations have allways been there......it's just the Internet has given the cheats, liars and braggarts a far bigger audience !

Cheers.

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I have noticed on these videos the slips seem to be getting shorter, don't know what's happening there like. 

that's always been the same, a hare don't run till the dogs on it, and on small land you cant give huge slips, but on big land if the dog pulls it goes.

At the moment your not wrong ??

I ran dogs all year round when I was younger didn't have much choice to be fair if I wanted coin or food and they adjusted to the ground easily ?

Got to say I'm.bot breed blind am loving what I've seen of the galgos on YouTube I know the Spanish aren't soft and will cull hard which is how great hounds are bred as you know pal ?

Would like to see them singlehanded more the history of them.tells me they would herd but what I see the n them more than anything is aggression combined with speed and stay ?

That definitely is more than admirable  really hope you have loads of fun with the youngster and I look forward to future posts on his upbringing thanks loads for contributing to this thread please keep doing so ?

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, two crows said:

that's always been the same, a hare don't run till the dogs on it, and on small land you cant give huge slips, but on big land if the dog pulls it goes.

That's so true when you get a real un you know what you have in your kennels I know you've been there with that comment more than once I bet and when they get topside there is no better feeling is there pal ??

Edited by juckler123
52 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Both you and shadow are spot on lies egos early season videos and coin along with kickups ?

It's all about ego and wonga pups gifted to mates should be the way forward not money better a pup in a good knowledgeable home than a fistful of cash ?

• Like 1