That's were hower rabbits went

7 minutes ago, bird said:

Well that report. And how it killing them,  if you like few rabbits with a lurcher or ferret, you may as well rap. It up be feck all to run. Not looking good at all  mate. 

I think it did the damage if I read it right ray in 2016 so was hoping they would be making a comeback now

it's hard to know what the true numbers are. often people say I have seen loads of rabbits, in reality there is only a few, Joe public will see 6 rabbits on a field and call it a plague. I took a trip to the coast last Thursday though Lincolnshire, saw 4 young rabbits and nothing knocked over. this trip years ago would have seen scores of rabbits on grass verges plus a lot run over. we live in hope?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, fred90 said:

it's hard to know what the true numbers are. often people say I have seen loads of rabbits, in reality there is only a few, Joe public will see 6 rabbits on a field and call it a plague. I took a trip to the coast last Thursday though Lincolnshire, saw 4 young rabbits and nothing knocked over. this trip years ago would have seen scores of rabbits on grass verges plus a lot run over. we live in hope?

You can usually tell if numbers are good by the amout of road  kill in the area ? Or if you see some feeding out in the day ? But not not like that in our patch numbers have defo declined over the last half dozen years ? I still the rifle has had a lot to do with it ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

You can usually tell if numbers are good by the amout of road  kill in the area ? Or if you see some feeding out in the day ? But not not like that in our patch numbers have defo declined over the last half dozen years ? I still the rifle has had a lot to do with it ?

I remember going down the m32, on the way in to bristol,  about 25 years ago, never seen so many 'casualties' lol, anywhere. Pulled over into the hard shoulder, and went in a bit, for a piss ?, kin el, couldn't count the amount of rabbit holes. And I've been around the south of this country for decades, everywhere

20 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Good a friend rifle mad. He’s out none stop knocking over rabbits. Just to use as bait for Charlie or chuck in the hedge ?

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I remember going down the m32, on the way in to bristol,  about 25 years ago, never seen so many 'casualties' lol, anywhere. Pulled over into the hard shoulder, and went in a bit, for a piss ?, kin el, couldn't count the amount of rabbit holes. And I've been around the south of this country for decades, everywhere

Mite be harder to get a firearms cert down that way ? Lol

11 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Good a friend rifle mad. He’s out none stop knocking over rabbits. Just to use as bait for Charlie or chuck in the hedge ?

This is it mate, I know it hard to take as a lurcher bloke the last 30 odd years and still for them, but any land owner, keeper, etc, would 100% rather a bloke go on the ground, than anybody with a running dog. I had this argument with. My brother in law, he was a shooter, he always gave the bollocks, I can get on most places and shoot foxes and rabbits bla bla, go and knock. On the farmers door. I told him I been knocking farmers doors for 30 years, and most didn't want me on then, and deff not now with this hunting ban with dogs. So mate your right rifle lads will deff think numbers down big time, glad I look for things for the dog to stretch his legs, than  just bunny 

1 minute ago, bird said:

This is it mate, I know it hard to take as a lurcher bloke the last 30 odd years and still for them, but any land owner, keeper, etc, would 100% rather a bloke go on the ground, than anybody with a running dog. I had this argument with. My brother in law, he was a shooter, he always gave the bollocks, I can get on most places and shoot foxes and rabbits bla bla, go and knock. On the farmers door. I told him I been knocking farmers doors for 30 years, and most didn't want me on then, and deff not now with this hunting ban with dogs. So mate your right rifle lads will deff think numbers down big time, glad I look for things for the dog to stretch his legs, than  just bunny 

I good a fair bit of permission. I am lucky being farming background. He’s only a summer shooter like a lot of them. When it gets cold and the ground wet so they can’t drive that puts them off. There a reason why a lot of them are fat b*****ds haha. Don’t get me wrong they have there place but seems to me everybody is getting a rifle round my way. You would think the police would tighten up on it since anyone new has got to have permission and a mentor. We’ll surely one block of land only needs so many rifles? ??‍♂️

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

31 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

I know a few the same they've been battering rabbits n foxes since the end of the shooting season it's the cubs as well I feel sorry for but it is what it is unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, bird said:

Ray they av them aswell infact if it moves shoot it ? I remember long time back some places you lamp it was alive with rabbits i. Bet it not like that now ? Theres some keepers kill every thing coz if theres nowt there no one else lamps and keeps away ?