This is what we are up against

On another forum I have just been banned from ,again ,Ive had input on one thread about terriers and looking at it today there is a last post attached which is here below .With posts like that it’s no wonder the lifestyle is threatened and that’s from so say within our own ranks .

On another thread I was pmd to say a chap would be ringing my feo because I’d shot a feral cat ffs .

A0F759A0-1C9E-486A-930F-9835AD88D6AA.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my younger days I’ve dug plenty of Fox’s and badgers and your man above is just reciting what he has read in the press and has clearly never been on a dig, he is describing baiting not digging, whe

The lesson there mate is. Don't talk to a cricket player about rugby.  

Its the only downside of forums for me.....in real life people stay in their own lane but from a keyboard become on the spot pundits. Look at the scientific whizz kids on the coronavirus topic or

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

On another forum I have just been banned from ,again ,Ive had input on one thread about terriers and looking at it today there is a last post attached which is here below .With posts like that it’s no wonder the lifestyle is threatened and that’s from so say within our own ranks .

On another thread I was pmd to say a chap would be ringing my feo because I’d shot a feral cat ffs .

A0F759A0-1C9E-486A-930F-9835AD88D6AA.png

Don’t worry about it mate, worlds full of minges......

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Not worried mate ,just thought I’d mention it , not being one to stir anything ,

The lesson there mate is.

Don't talk to a cricket player about rugby.

• Like 4

Very strange to me that someone can shoot deer with no regard nor respect  for other disciplines .Even more so that they feel the need to put it in writing .
I would never write anything derogatory about any field sports or other countryside user ,except poaching lurcher lads of course .

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Very strange to me that someone can shoot deer with no regard nor respect  for other disciplines .Even more so that they feel the need to put it in writing .
I would never write anything derogatory about any field sports or other countryside user ,except poaching lurcher lads of course .

In fairness, not everyone is a total buffoon mate.

I know a good old lad who was quiet involved in the St Huberts club, his boys are also friends and keepers, retained terrier men.....good all round lads who shoot, have a decent lurcher and a few terriers round them etc etc 

People like that bloke in your post may speak for the many but they dont speak for the decent lads who’s company you want to keep so ignore them.

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Half the people posting on there are so blinkered its amazing they can see to shoot the deer ! Like most sites there’s some sound knowledgable lads that do the job and know how all the other sports work and respect it .Sadly there’s a ton of keyboard stalkers that get out twice a year , have every piece of paper qualification known to man all the latest kit  and the biggest know all  opinions , unfortunately  this is normally coupled with a big gob and a small addled brain ..

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, WILF said:

In fairness, not everyone is a total buffoon mate.

I know a good old lad who was quiet involved in the St Huberts club, his boys are also friends and keepers, retained terrier men.....good all round lads who shoot, have a decent lurcher and a few terriers round them etc etc 

People like that bloke in your post may speak for the many but they dont speak for the decent lads who’s company you want to keep so ignore them.

Agreed mate but somebody who says they have been a hunting man for 50 years has done so around terrier work or they are a lying cont .Ive grown up around real countrymen who respect everything in its place and wouldn’t dream of behaving like this .Silly old fart wants putting out to grass .

Its the only downside of forums for me.....in real life people stay in their own lane but from a keyboard become on the spot pundits.

Look at the scientific whizz kids on the coronavirus topic or the war historians on the ve topic on here for example ?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its the only downside of forums for me.....in real life people stay in their own lane but from a keyboard become on the spot pundits.

Look at the scientific whizz kids on the coronavirus topic or the war historians on the ve topic on here for example ?

You can learn a lot on these places if you listen/read and take what you want...

Unfortunately some will already know everything so it's no longer an opinion..its FACT...

If not it's a quick trip to google...to awkwardly back up ...the FACT!..?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

You can learn a lot on these places if you listen/read and take what you want...

Unfortunately some will already know everything so it's no longer an opinion..its FACT...

If not it's a quick trip to google...to awkwardly back up ...the FACT!..?

Ahh......but is that a fact?

FACT! ? ?