Electric cable hoist

I know its off subject but I don't know where else to put it!

Moving to new house, there is an electric cable hoist already there. I used it today to lift new gun cabinets into loft (absolutely fantastic!) Worked a treat, cabinet up but now hoist will only go down but won't come back up....... Any ideas?? 

20200509_145718.jpg

Electric hoist hook lowers but will not raise.

Possible Cause: (i) Hoist has been loaded with excessive load. (ii) Open hoisting circuit or shorted winding in reversing contactor coil. (iii) Control station contacts not working properly. (iv) Upper limit switch contacts open. (v) Phase failure (three phase unit only).

Possible Solution: (i) Check electrical continuity and repair or replace defective part. (ii) Consult operating manual for specific instructions related to product.

He's sworn at it. He's threatened to give it a darned good thrashing  ( Basil faulty ), he's called in the local witch doctor, so  now it's down to the last resort.  Read the instruction manual.   You know it makes sense. ???

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 1

Sounds limit switch to me ,our cranes n hoists are a tad bigger but the result is the same .only works 1 way and wont go up limit switch tripped .

If overload limit trips it would,nt lower to floor but just stay in place .

Its 240v single phase ,power craft is aldis own brand.im guessing fuse hasn't gone as you can lower so power is there unless it's just free running down. 

Do you have an electrician at the farm Ben?may be a relay has gone inside. 

It is just a motor with a relay braking system over to you atb

• Like 1

Cheers baldcoot. Its not free running no. It's not at farm but having sparky back for final fix soon so I'll ask him to look if I've no figured it out. Cheers fellas. 

• Like 1

It's an Aldi one. You might be able to find a manual or get some contact info for the manufacturer from that. In fact I see a UK helpline phone number on the side, get phoning!

If you need to replace it, Machine Mart always seem to have pretty decent stuff, there are 2 under £100 and heavier duty one for £135 before you hit the expensive stuff:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/categories/?search=hoist

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 1