Paid pest control

Paid work.

IMG-20200426-WA0000.jpeg.f7c2d5a49f9349bbcb5c9fa6045a77a0.jpeg

Infestation of disease carrying corvids getting in and on cow grub. Not good.

The payment went towards some more access to pheasants in winter?.

Didn't want to knock the double about in a farm yard setting so I took a single.

26/16, not bad for me. Still smell the farm yard on me or is that just how I smell !

Man this forum is buggy!

• Like 4

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like many others I’ve been stuck in for the past 6 weeks, today I received a phone call from someone I didn’t know saying I’ve been speaking to someone and they have told me you control foxes and went

Bet you can't wait mate, bet you've been sat in the toilet with your 243 like⬇️ ???

Been out again last night with another 3 foxes accounted for. Farmer was right he’s been seeing a few around 6 foxes in 2 outings happy with that.  And farmer seems happy ? 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Paid work.

IMG-20200426-WA0000.jpeg.f7c2d5a49f9349bbcb5c9fa6045a77a0.jpeg

Infestation of disease carrying corvids getting in and on cow grub. Not good.

The payment went towards some more access to pheasants in winter?.

Didn't want to knock the double about in a farm yard setting so I took a single.

26/16, not bad for me. Still smell the farm yard on me or is that just how I smell !

Man this forum is buggy!

Cracking bit of pest control there Bernard, on the sheep farm they used to have a small head of beef in a purpose built open shed every morning at first light crows would come over in their hundreds, me and my mate mosh had some cracking morning on them, as soon as they got shot of the beast they just stopped coming over the farm ?

• Like 1
On 23/04/2020 at 10:16, shovel leaner said:

If you are referring to the dog and vixen I shot last night in my post in corona foxes , I’m putting some traps on the earth now , I’ll let you know how I get on . Looks busy , flies everywhere and flattened vegetation.

No reflection on you mate ,I know the score at your place .?

• Like 1

Back at the small holding and no sign of the vixen, cat food had gone but that could of been anything, lad had 4 of these little buggers in the cage trap so they are definitely out and about, if only the adults were daft enough to go in them?

58948653-10E2-4449-B206-0BB959286C21.png

• Like 5

Funny old thing are cage traps. The bloke next door to me snared twenty one foxes on his hedgerow ( he has a two acre paddock )one winter a few years ago, after i had shown him how to set them. He also had a cage trap and kept it baited for two years, all he caught was a fox cub.

Now, i had a very good mate who had five acres on the edge of Caterham Surrey ( who is now deceased ) and he caught foxes no problem in a cage trap. I remember him catching fourteen vixens one January about five years ago.  

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, ianm said:

Funny old thing are cage traps. The bloke next door to me snared twenty one foxes on his hedgerow ( he has a two acre paddock )one winter a few years ago, after i had shown him how to set them. He also had a cage trap and kept it baited for two years, all he caught was a fox cub.

Now, i had a very good mate who had five acres on the edge of Caterham Surrey ( who is now deceased ) and he caught foxes no problem in a cage trap. I remember him catching fourteen vixens one January about five years ago.  

Old keeper mate of mine retired is still snaring and cage trapping them now in his eighties. His cage is huge....he got caught in it last year and had to wait for his Mrs to come looking for him ?

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I think urban foxes are more readily caught in cage traps compared to their cleverer country cousins. The only foxes I have seen cage trapped were Cubs,  who also like getting caught in Larsens.

Had this adult fox in a Larsen a couple of seasons ago . It’s the first adult fox I’ve had in a trap . I catch cubs all the time in fox traps and in the Larson but never an adult . Had a Tawny in the Larson as well . I obviously let it go in case anyone is thinking of calling Chris Packem.

4C3D6E74-C920-402C-B6B6-86145AF6835C.jpeg

3B2476D5-6310-46B9-BC8B-ED247AF7051E.jpeg

• Like 6
Just now, Stavross said:

I’ve just looked at this, read the top line and looked at the top picture, I was just about to explain to you that that’s not a fox, then I read the rest of it and scrolled down ??

I loaded them ass about . And don’t know how to change them , good job you stuck with it and finished reading.?

• Haha 1

I catch a few each year with the cages. Always try and bait before putting cage down. Been putting flooring over mesh as I have heard they don't like walking on mesh. Not sure if I am honest but don't think it does any harm. I also cover sides with what ever is lying about stops them trying to reach through mesh and triggering trap. Also only gives one entrance to see what's in. The cubs will always go in easy as they are naive. But I catch them during cold spells well when they are hungry. I make my own cages and find the bigger the better

2014-02-27_16-00-12_961.jpg

Edited by bumpy22
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

I catch a few each year with the cages. Always try and bait before putting cage down. Been putting flooring over mesh as I have heard they don't like walking on mesh. Not sure if I am honest but don't think it does any harm. I also cover sides with what ever is lying about stops them trying to reach through mesh and triggering trap. Also only gives one entrance to see what's in. The cubs will always go in easy as they are naive. But I catch them during cold spells well when they are hungry. I make my own cages and find the bigger the better

2014-02-27_16-00-12_961.jpg

Looks a tidy job ?