Premiership Clubs Use Government Scheme

6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Has anyone heard off max ?? 

Seriously wasn’t he abroad in Thailand when all this shite started ?? 

All jokes aside I hope him and is family are safe and well but I don't think he's been on stiff tomo might know 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see the banks are playing God on who fits the criteria for being eligible for loans even knocking some back for going on to there over draft  you lads have said the knock on effect when this is over

Fcuk discustin  hope when this is over government tax the shit out of them,piss taking players could pay the wages of the staff out of their wages. 

Why are the papers not making a song and dance about the banks using it as an opportunity to once again f**k people in the arse. Them c**ts was bailed out in 2008, didn’t change their ways at all

49 minutes ago, WILF said:

You are no wally mate, I’m sure you will have all your ducks lined up as best you can.

Hatching some eggs at the moment mate Lol...

55 minutes ago, sid g said:

once this is over mate all these tourist down  your way you`ll make a fortune on crab line nets and buckets n spades out of a little tackle shop.. 

Haha...that would be bliss...

Maybe in 10 years...retirement shop!! Lol

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

If every premier league footballer donated just ONE weeks wages to the NHS they would have around 25-30 Million to buy respirators ' PPE ' Testing Kits ' other front line essentials ect to help beat this virus .

They won't miss a weeks pay.

Super Stars my arse .

Have you been self isolating from the site Max?

Cheers, D.

On 02/04/2020 at 21:29, king said:

Gnasher if you think it's ok to prop up a sport player so he can earn £10k a day and you think that's ok.

Well more fool you mate.

There are kids starving in the UK.

So paying someone to kick a football around that type of money if fecking ridiculous.

Tell me how is someone who kicks a ball around worth 10k a day

Football/Sport is one of the few industries where working class young men can use their talent and hard work to obtain fantastic wealth,that shouldnt make them an easy target to plug the holes left by politicians and be targeted to bail out the British Government.There are 2.5 million,millionaires in the Uk....there are 510 Premier League footballers !...footballers are just an easy target....if you want somebody to go after then go after bankers,hedge funds,captain of industry types manipulating market trades as we speak.

Sadly we have a culture where certain elements of society would rather criticise working class kids earning fortunes in front of our media entertained eyes through talent and dedication.... than the snidey,hidden away benefit cheats and tax avoiders who dont even get a second glance but cost the country far more.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
29 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

you want somebody to go after then go after bankers,hedge funds,captain of industry types manipulating market trades as we speak.

exactly nash Because they are very ones who will profit out of all of this and who's to say footballers aren't doing anything I bet most are but keep it quiet I know that stoke lad as spent thousands on it for a hospital back in Ireland 

4 hours ago, Blackmag said:

exactly nash Because they are very ones who will profit out of all of this and who's to say footballers aren't doing anything I bet most are but keep it quiet I know that stoke lad as spent thousands on it for a hospital back in Ireland 

Theres plenty of home grown sportsmen,ex sportsmen,sports clubs,businessmen doing their bit for charities and local communities,just because they dont do it to enhance their public profile or to get silly social media popularity doesnt mean they dont do their share.

Bankers and industry captains are not looked on as heros who youngsters want to emulate like footballers are...so when footballers do something they shouldnt or dont do something they should anger is directed at them to the point where people who are pumped full of jealousy cant even see the irony and basic posh boy logic in nailing the working class lads to keep the privileged little Etonian educated toffs out of the picture !

I know there's plenty out there doing there bit and I see footballers coming in for flack what the likes of you say posh folk get nothing when the likes of Branson he even sued the nhs or the likes of green etc could do a lot more than footballers putting money in or that geldoff bono and the rest of them are far richer and could do more the likes of them will keep there hands in there pockets and foreign aid should stop as well sort are selfs out first and train and build in case this ever happens again 

55 minutes ago, sid g said:

lets not forget the tax they pay as well

While I'm sure that many of the them will have money offshore (and I couldn't give a flying if they do) could this be why the government have suddenly taken a shine to their earnings? :hmm:

I couldn't care less how much money they earn for the reasons Gnash listed above. I don't buy much into the 'fair share' argument either. It just seems a little suss that the biggest recipients of tax payers money are now pointing the finger at perceived new baddy.

Just now, sid g said:

200 mill thats lost uk tax  ..

Fair one but is that an actual figure based on how much they pay in, or how much they're supposed to pay in?

Earlier in the thread I said that corporations shouldn't be able to get massive bailouts unless they're paying in at a level that warrants it. All the big players (players in this context are the likes of Amazon, Starbucks, Google, eBay, Apple, etc) have little or no money where HMIR can touch it. Where does the PL and the top footballers fall into this category? Recipients of taxpayer aid should be the taxpayers. If they're not paying in they shouldn't be getting a payout, at all.

The irony that the public sector is now crying foul isn't wasted on me either as their entire livelihood is 100% on taxpayer contributions but everyone is getting hit and those that actually pony up should be the first to get some.

• Like 1

I reckon footie players are like every one else ,some do great things ,some do good things ,and some are selfish fkers ,like all of us ,,I know at least a dozen boxing and kids football teams that would of folded but for the help of fellas society considers ,a bit iffy.Big business ,industry ,and multi millionaires are the same , some great ,some good some a waste of space, .

I hope all this finger pointing and holier than thou attitude is not going to prevail when this is over .

• Like 3