Salmon fishing with bait

2 hours ago, WILF said:

I have a barbel rod and I’ll be using that 

Which one have you got wilf, I have been looking at them Korum barbel rods they are cheap and that is what makes me cautious, but they do the 1.75 and 2lb test curves 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prawn/shrimp is by far the best. If you use worm you will get tortured by everything else. Simple set-up, adjustable float above your swivel. Then your leader with a split shot about a foot or so abov

If bait fishing, there’s worms or prawn the worms is standard set up with your hook length about 2-3 foot with a lesser breaking strain so you only lose hook if snagged, for shrimping get shrimp float

Most waters you can't use the prawn before 16 June. For me it has to be the prawn. Forget float fishing it doesn't present the prawn very well. Either freeline the prawn or a drop shot rig. My setup i

Posted Images

22 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Which one have you got wilf, I have been looking at them Korum barbel rods they are cheap and that is what makes me cautious, but they do the 1.75 and 2lb test curves 

I've been feild testing the twintip korum barbel rods last few seasons along with some other kit..... They handle carp into their 30's no problem,double figure fish of all species... no offence but a 10 lb barbel fights alot harder than any salmon your gonna hook in the uk..... I've used the 2.2 lb tops for deadbaiting for pike and on the bass down the beach... Had greys and fox rods for yrs..... £100 extra over the odds, only thing different is they give you a lifetime garentee..... After sales is f***ing shocking with them?

Might be worth you looking at the carp/barbel stalking rods...Nash, Sonic, Chub.... Most do an option of 6,9,10 ft rods with test curves of 2lb upto 3 1/2 lb test...... Pull a f***ing boat into the dock with em ?

DSC_2156.JPG.1025351d28c05d1b341ce220bedda027.JPG

• Like 1
On 25/04/2020 at 15:00, 3175darren said:

I have  the two-piece Korum 1.75lb 12 foot rod that will handle 5oz weights. It is now a three-piece rod after casting a 2 oz weight. :angry:

4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I have  the two-piece Korum 1.75lb 12 foot rod that will handle 5oz weights. It is now a three-piece rod after casting a 2 oz weight. :angry:

? oh dear I take it you wouldn’t buy one again then 

9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've been feild testing the twintip korum barbel rods last few seasons along with some other kit..... They handle carp into their 30's no problem,double figure fish of all species... no offence but a 10 lb barbel fights alot harder than any salmon your gonna hook in the uk..... I've used the 2.2 lb tops for deadbaiting for pike and on the bass down the beach... Had greys and fox rods for yrs..... £100 extra over the odds, only thing different is they give you a lifetime garentee..... After sales is f***ing shocking with them?

Might be worth you looking at the carp/barbel stalking rods...Nash, Sonic, Chub.... Most do an option of 6,9,10 ft rods with test curves of 2lb upto 3 1/2 lb test...... Pull a f***ing boat into the dock with em ?

DSC_2156.JPG.1025351d28c05d1b341ce220bedda027.JPG

The right hand rod is that one of them Korum reels??? 

4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Now that is bad luck.... Where too on the blank did it go?