How's your first season dogs gone?

10 minutes ago, Flacko said:

Honest reply poxon atb with your pup 

Honesty is the only way mate with dogs if you can’t be honest with people about them you can’t be honest with your self in self grading them it becomes a lie that you have to remember what you’ve told people I always give them fair shout to prove there selfs an time to get there bearings together but if they ain’t got it they ain’t got it a lie will always get found out in the end. Cheers mate I think she’ll be spot on she’s well constructed for down here probably won’t be the fastest I’ve owned but should be just the ticket she’s nearly ready for a look in the next few weeks 

• Like 8

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this bitch bout October time, she's went from a 27tts spaniel not watching lamp and just wanting to hunt up to running the lamp very well and I can slip her as far as the eye can see so to speak. 

Had a rough few months with the wife having health issues so not got out as much as I would of liked tbh.... Next month I will be able to get on some ground when shooting stops, and get back into it?m

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Honesty is the only way mate with dogs if you can’t be honest with people about them you can’t be honest with your self in self grading them it becomes a lie that you have to remember what you’ve told people I always give them fair shout to prove there selfs an time to get there bearings together but if they ain’t got it they ain’t got it a lie will always get found out in the end. Cheers mate I think she’ll be spot on she’s well constructed for down here probably won’t be the fastest I’ve owned but should be just the ticket she’s nearly ready for a look in the next few weeks 

Well in d

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Thats a Shame bud she’s a cracking looking bitch  Atb

That’s how it is sometimes mate I’m in the opinion That it’s all a lucky dip with dogs you can breed best to best theres no guarantee on nothing you think you’ve picked the best but the lucky dips the same on end result being lucky . Cheers mate she’s a looker ain’t she

• Like 7

It’s been a different season for me than normal. I’ve kept big, fast Lurcher’s in the past, taking all sorts of game, pretty much anywhere. But now I’ve got this little thing, it’s a totally different season. Lots of ferreting, bushing, bush beating and general mouching about. Lots more hunting.. lots less catching. Still a good season though. 

A97F8117-DA20-4173-B235-145C37E597D9.jpeg

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

It’s been a different season for me than normal. I’ve kept big, fast Lurcher’s in the past, taking all sorts of game, pretty much anywhere. But now I’ve got this little thing, it’s a totally different season. Lots of ferreting, bushing, bush beating and general mouching about. Lots more hunting.. lots less catching. Still a good season though. 

Good show old chap 

43 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

Don't count the little dogs out, my little dog is 9 now and he's only 21tts but been a hell of a dog for me. 

I have always said I wish I could put this dog into a bigger body tho, I'd have the best dog ever haha

20170928_162553.jpg.8268f4bc4e4c20daa56c591a946c8651.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, poxon said:

Fair play for the honesty. I'm lucky with this bitch I Belive she will make the grade but needs abit more time to mature 

20 minutes ago, jcm said:

Don't count the little dogs out, my little dog is 9 now and he's only 21tts but been a hell of a dog for me. 

I have always said I wish I could put this dog into a bigger body tho, I'd have the best dog ever haha

20170928_162553.jpg.8268f4bc4e4c20daa56c591a946c8651.jpg

A good little un will always beat a good biggun 

10 minutes ago, Black neck said:

A good little un will always beat a good biggun 

Other way around mate, you just get a one off every now and again, this dog in my eyes is the best dog I have ever owned, catch rate, heart, speed and agility and most of all as loyal as ever. 

But in my experience a good big in is always better than a good littleun

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Only caught the back end of the season with my pup. She’s been mooching for a while and works pretty well with the busher. Started to range out with the older lurcher up the hills. Only had her out ferreting once but she did ok. Had 3 short nights on the lamp and she’s getting the hang of it. Will get plenty of walking in over the summer and get her going in September. Still young so no rush. 

8D2274C6-2D95-4C2C-A57C-1589078F0D32.png

F1EF6392-5A59-4DD9-BE77-9EC443C60452.png

Edited by white van man
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Not exactly her first season as she still a pup an next season be her first by my reckoning, but done all I was expecting an more, just gonna let her grow an mature bit more with a summer over her back an crack on come sept an see how she fairs ?3C701301-70EC-4E00-83AE-94631CE567B8.jpeg.33d781fc1d33ead160345d6b9b089862.jpeg7A2B4C9B-AC22-4831-BD21-6396C41B5F2B.jpeg.4c0b3e0c9b02c8955c7e26abec9d0574.jpeg

Good to hear your pup coming along