Check Up

Well because I take medication for Blood Pressure I get called in for a check up every year. You know they suck out a bit of blood to test take my blood pressure measure height and take weight. A week later go for the results, well turned out my sugar levels were a tad high. So would have to go for another check up in three months, this was just before Christmas. Not a good time to cut back I thought, but after New Year I cut back on the drink and stopped packets of crips and snacks. Started eating loads of fruit when I felt like a snack.

So I go back for my second check up. Called in by a nurse that weighed about 16 stone and given the once over. Then back a week later for the bollocking this time a nurse about 5 foot tall and about 5 foot wide about 15 stone. Well I had lost about half a stone, I told her I was eating loads of fruit etc. She told me you don't wan't to do that it has loads of fruitose in it and thats sugar. She when to a cardboard and got out a jar of chocolate drink,"this is what you need if you feel like a snack" ffs.

I give up honest I looked around the wanting area on the way out Doctors, Nurses and reception staff all bigger than me. Seems odd this people giving the advice want to take a hard look at them selfs. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dont think either of us regret why it happened just the fact neither of us would back down and how it could have been much easier....we hated each other at the time and that day was the closest eith

What? Cheers, D.

She was right about the fruit, it's full of sugar, so is bread and most foods. What I did was weight out every bit of food I'd eat a a meal time, do a calorie count and stick to it. For something swee

5 minutes ago, sid g said:

my doctors about 18 stone i`m 16 when i found out i had gerd (reflux) he told me i was overweight and needed to lose weight he wher`nt to impressed when i asked if he had any tips 

Thats one thing I noticed mate after losing a bit of weight was no more reflux and my sugar levels back to normal, so chuffed with that.

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, Arry said:

Well because I take medication for Blood Pressure I get called in for a check up every year. You know they suck out a bit of blood to test take my blood pressure measure height and take weight. A week later go for the results, well turned out my sugar levels were a tad high. So would have to go for another check up in three months, this was just before Christmas. Not a good time to cut back I thought, but after New Year I cut back on the drink and stopped packets of crips and snacks. Started eating loads of fruit when I felt like a snack.

So I go back for my second check up. Called in by a nurse that weighed about 16 stone and given the once over. Then back a week later for the bollocking this time a nurse about 5 foot tall and about 5 foot wide about 15 stone. Well I had lost about half a stone, I told her I was eating loads of fruit etc. She told me you don't wan't to do that it has loads of fruitose in it and thats sugar. She when to a cardboard and got out a jar of chocolate drink,"this is what you need if you feel like a snack" ffs.

I give up honest I looked around the wanting area on the way out Doctors, Nurses and reception staff all bigger than me. Seems odd this people giving the advice want to take a hard look at them selfs. 

Cheers Arry

She was right about the fruit, it's full of sugar, so is bread and most foods. What I did was weight out every bit of food I'd eat a a meal time, do a calorie count and stick to it. For something sweet, I'd have Greek yougort with honey and dried fruit.

I know it sounds like a pain, and it is at first, but it will become a habit after a while. 

Also your carb intake, should be looked at. Bread, pasta rice ect ect. The lower the carbs the better. Check out the keto diet. You can find it, but goggleing diet doctor. It's very good imo.

Good luck with it.

Atb j 

• Like 3

Yeah sid I’ve got triggers if I eat tomatoey food or anything smoked I will suffer been on the omeprazole for years one a morning and aslong as I don’t eat anything I shouldn’t I’m okay.. my old mans got hiatus hernia and that’s the reason he gets it..relaxed valve that lets the acid up

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

They wanted send me for camera down into stomach but don’t fancy that so just watch what I eat.. 

My wife suffers bad from it, if she doesn't take her tab in the morning.  Any thing a bit spicy sets it off. She has the camera done, and told what not to eat and take meds.

Atb j 

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

My wife suffers bad from it, if she doesn't take her tab in the morning.  Any thing a bit spicy sets it off. She has the camera done, and told what not to eat and take meds.

Atb j 

Yeah same as the old man mate chances are il be the same and they will say what they already have take your tablet... I been on them since I was 22 I’m 33 soon so only reason they was on me a bit was not wanting me to be on the omeprazoles for rest of my life... omeprazoles known to drain you of magnesium and calcium so I supplement with these ... never had a bad blood test which I don’t like either lol so try to ignore it ... some people also get silent reflux have no symptoms but still end up with Barrets esopthagos (spelling) ..

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

My aunts friend had the camera and they perforated her gut and she died ... someone I know of had the blue dye through his body just because he was overweight and his daughter had a bad heart he reacted to it badly and died ... I’m ok as I am I think just keep the exercise up eat plain and clean . And il just crack on .. no one lives forever 

• Like 1
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Bit off topic but while we are talking about ailments anybody ever had an eye injury. I got a gouge out the white bit of my eye. Went to hospital and got a steroid antibiotic drop etc it healed fine that was maybe a year ago. Every few weeks it flares up in that exact spot  to the point I need to keep my eye shut most of the day. Then next day it's gone. Anybody had anything similar.  Look forward to hearing how my eye will fall out or need removed 

That part of your eye might be more susceptible to infection mate get it checked out.. I’ve just had dodgy eye had a stye and pink eye from one the kids was horrible 

5 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

My aunts friend had the camera and they perforated her gut and she died ... someone I know of had the blue dye through his body just because he was overweight and his daughter had a bad heart he reacted to it badly and died ... I’m ok as I am I think just keep the exercise up eat plain and clean . And il just crack on .. no one lives forever 

I'm glad we didn't know any of that before hand, or probably wouldn't have it done.  What went in my wife's favour was that she never smoked or doesn't drink, so it was just to manage her diet and stress levels.

Stress was a main factor towards it as well. 

Atb j 

• Like 1