Lurcher rescue centres

26 minutes ago, white van man said:

Really like this cross mate. Hard to find these days. Was it deer grey to collie grey or both parents got a bit of everything in? Keep us updated with her. Be great to see how she turns out 

Sure was deer/grey dam collie/grey but I suspect that’s not all to be honest

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks bit the bullet and pick up a pup in a little under a fortnight. Kids picked the name Jess     

A lad I used to knock about with had was registered as a “dog walker “ for a local refuge...he only walked lurchers and the staff loved him as sometimes those dogs slept very very well when they were 

Can't beat the bull type dog I've kept them all my life pic of my dog I had his grandmother his great grandfather is a dog called baldbull black jack  Theres Few old pics here one of a great old time

Posted Images

think i right in saying, dont they, castrate male dogs , and spade bitches in rescue centers , bfore they let them go up for adoption  ?  and your right dont say nothing about working them, or if they going into kennel, my son got little woody the jack x from rescue center 4 years ago he had his nuts off, i got him now , he very lively even with out them lol , but i think in  lurcher more so than most breeds there need there balls, as most lurchers ive ever met all had nice easy temp, and alot were sensitive  natures , it takes the fire out lot of them, thats why they put weight on. know always better to get a lurcher pup from working home , if its just a pet , well rescue  place is ok , as most lurchers/ running dogs make great pets anyway .:thumbs:

11 minutes ago, bird said:

think i right in saying, dont they, castrate male dogs , and spade bitches in rescue centers , bfore they let them go up for adoption  ?  and your right dont say nothing about working them, or if they going into kennel, my son got little woody the jack x from rescue center 4 years ago he had his nuts off, i got him now , he very lively even with out them lol , but i think in  lurcher more so than most breeds there need there balls, as most lurchers ive ever met all had nice easy temp, and alot were sensitive  natures , it takes the fire out lot of them, thats why they put weight on. know always better to get a lurcher pup from working home , if its just a pet , well rescue  place is ok , as most lurchers/ running dogs make great pets anyway .:thumbs:

Getting a pup bird ??

Just now, RossM said:

Getting a pup bird ??

not as yet mate, but wouldn't mind pup  out of Buck  , if was going to get a lurcher pup . old bryn 13 in  sep, Buck 8 in august , so maybe i might have one more dog left in me  before i pack them up, i am  68 in august   , still  out every day couple hours, so not bad fitness  , there  load worse than me at my age lol , but like say if for work deff get a pup or dog from working home, if pet rescue center .!

44 minutes ago, bird said:

not as yet mate, but wouldn't mind pup  out of Buck  , if was going to get a lurcher pup . old bryn 13 in  sep, Buck 8 in august , so maybe i might have one more dog left in me  before i pack them up, i am  68 in august   , still  out every day couple hours, so not bad fitness  , there  load worse than me at my age lol , but like say if for work deff get a pup or dog from working home, if pet rescue center .!

Get a staff from a rescue centre Ray

1 hour ago, bird said:

3 shots for a pound.... I’ve abandoned the rescue lurcher option and I pick up the pup below in 2 weeks!! ???

FB84DF21-DB74-426A-8D2F-FE1992E21396.jpeg

• Like 3
6 hours ago, bird said:

Do they feck cheeky b*****ds tell you theyll give you a voucher to pay half the cost at vets for castrate dogs an spading bitches pal. Honest 

Edited by Bangersanmash
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Do they feck cheeky b*****ds tell you theyll give you a voucher to pay half the cost at vets for castrate dogs an spading bitches pal. Honest 

Feck them then! 

6 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Get a staff from a rescue centre Ray

I know they make great pets true, I rather get  well bred bulldog. Still good pits out there, I like all bull breeds if bullmastff s were more healthy I prob still be with them now, instead of lurchers. If I am honest! 

30 minutes ago, bird said:

I know they make great pets true, I rather get  well bred bulldog. Still good pits out there, I like all bull breeds if bullmastff s were more healthy I prob still be with them now, instead of lurchers. If I am honest! 

No point getting a well need pit as a pet mate 

12 hours ago, bird said:

Feck them then! 

Cheeky that init one of my family members got a little terrier type cross breed. Just  a sofa dog to keep her company after loosing her husband. Gave her food that was 2 years out of date an voucher like I said for about 30 quid to put towards the chop ✂ an a bill of £120 for dog ?

12 hours ago, bird said:

Can't beat the bull type dog I've kept them all my life pic of my dog I had his grandmother his great grandfather is a dog called baldbull black jack  Theres Few old pics here one of a great old time comedian Tommy walls who i dont remember ? an the others of children from back in the day showing the dogs as nanny's 

20191020_114226-1.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-03-09-32-40-1.png

Screenshot_2020-05-03-09-32-26-1.png

Screenshot_2020-05-03-09-33-22.png

Screenshot_2020-05-03-09-33-09.png

• Like 6