Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

Over 1million irish people were starved to death between 1845 and 1850. Just as much if not more evicted and made homeless, no choice but to flee on the coffin ships. 

It wasn't the blight that killed irish people, it was British greed 

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fat man said:

The only thing the English brought on board was all our food sources, grain,fruit,meat everything to feed there own 

They even blocked help from other countries genocide not famine. 

• Like 2
On 26/02/2020 at 00:45, Aussie Whip said:

A lot of pig hunters here don't like APBT blood in their dogs as they tend to fight the pigs,grabbing the nose, instead of working them and getting a sensible hold,they much prefer EBT blood.In some ways pits are the ultimate dog, a step too ultimate for a lot of things though imo.

APBT aren't truly game though can't take sharp teeth they go in all guns blazing but give them few hours with an opponent with pointy sharp teeth and see what happens, I've seen them crossed with really game pats in an attempt to bring up size, I've seen them work first season and jack then when pressure was put on. Ultimate not a word I'd use to describe them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hatch28 said:

APBT aren't truly game though

I don't think that is an accurate statement as many have died doing what they do, proving they are dead game.Probably one of, if not the gamest animal on earth,sense and working ability they may lack but they are game.When I said in some ways the ultimate dog,I meant as an all round dog, not for terrier work.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't think that is an accurate statement as many have died doing what they do, proving they are dead game.Probably one of, if not the gamest animal on earth,sense and working ability they may lack but they are game.When I said in some ways the ultimate dog,I meant as an all round dog, not for terrier work.

Alot of them die all right but I still don't class them truly game I've seen them out classed by similar type dogs, they just seem to lack something. 

49 minutes ago, Hatch28 said:

Alot of them die all right but I still don't class them truly game I've seen them out classed by similar type dogs, they just seem to lack something. 

I know what you mean,English staffs I feel are tougher in the way they can take punishment without reacting.A lot of apbt's I've seen are highly intelligent dogs which may come across as lacking dedication.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I know what you mean,English staffs I feel are tougher in the way they can take punishment without reacting.A lot of apbt's I've seen are highly intelligent dogs which may come across as lacking dedication.

Yes I've seen small staff type very game and wheatens at a time that could take some stick. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

Alot of them die all right but I still don't class them truly game 

Mr Hatch 

I might be misunderstanding you if so I'm sorry.I seen a coon hound run a coon until he died with his tail wagging.I have seen catahoulas and curs take their death trying to bay up a rough hog after a few miles.I don't know what this is called but I admire it more than anything.When I saw it for the first time as a kid I knew I would always have hunting dogs.It made me cry then it will make me cry again.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Mr Hatch 

I might be misunderstanding you if so I'm sorry.I seen a coon hound run a coon until he died with his tail wagging.I have seen catahoulas and curs take their death trying to bay up a rough hog after a few miles.I don't know what this is called but I admire it more than anything.When I saw it for the first time as a kid I knew I would always have hunting dogs.It made me cry then it will make me cry again.

It means their well bred for the job their bred for, they are doing their very best they didn't no they were going to die I've seen a few rabbit lurcher kill them selves of banks and fences after rabbits same dogs wouldn't look at a fox didn't make them dead game just died doing what their bred for. 

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying about the lurchers and most beagles here get ran over by cars but I don't consider them game for it.I have seen cur dogs disemboweled and continue doing their job.They knew they were going to die.I never use the term deadgame but it sure doesn't apply to alive dogs.

On 29/02/2020 at 19:55, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks Mr Glyn

I was  hoping you would respond as I value your opinion.i believe they are predominantly terrier bred with a small dash of English bull called the Henry dogs that Tudor added.In the pictures of the early 1900's there was already a uniform look from the Irish dogs Colby received.I did not know where they were before that but descriptions of Nuttalls grandfather's terriers sound very familiar? Is this coincidence.

Always wondered what them Henry dogs Earl Tudor used were/are.

IMO few dogs made the trip stateside in the coffin ships, nor many with any immigrants, heading for a new life. They were more concered with finding food and a life for themselves and their families to worry about sporting dogs.

I believe the dogs went over with people who had more coin.

Money men have always had more than an interest in game dogs and in the new world, with its masses of immigrants and poverty, not only in the big citys but in every unlawful town, there was more money to be made.

Mr Bosun

It wouldn't let me like your post so?My info on Tudor was from his protege not a book.My friend asked this man what kind of eyes Tudor had he responded that he never seen anything in Earl's eyes accept his own silhouette reflecting back.Tudor was a gangster who had ties to the men involved with Kansas City massacre.Follow the black market.It is the history.Mr Liam Delaney if I'm not mistaken your profile pic is a Mormon gangster who assisted with gunrunning to Canada.No offense.The men who were addicted to this sport have used the black market to support their addiction to the sport.I have seen it.They needed to be with their terriers 24/7 so not alot of time to make a good wage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rickshaw,

If you got any more direct info on Earl Tudor, I and i'm sure a few more would like to hear it.

Of all the men in that game, i find him the most facinating. Maybe not on this thread but have a think about it and put sommat up. ?