Sign in to follow this  
poxon

Dog dna test

Nope, the purist dogs have normally been outcrossed with something else....

• Like 1

Done one on a dog and they don't work, said my lurcher had no running dog in it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I don't think they work I think they are used as a tool from the likes of the rspca to prove if you have a legal dog or not if it's a pedigree then it's pedigree if it's a mongrel it's a mongrel who knows what has been put in there over years and years like ours mate 5 dogs in there say if we bred with another dog with 5 or 6 breeds in the dog then I don't see how the feck they could pull all them dogs out of it on a DNA test 

• Like 1

Mate had one done on a whippetx an it come back as husky, red setter an pointer 🤣🤣🤣🤣 could  tell just by looking at it m, it was a collie x whippet 😂

• Like 1

surly theres places out there doing it proper....

what if you had a mixed litter with two or even 3 sires....could they do blood tests to prove which pup belonged to which sire???

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TOMO said:

what if you had a mixed litter with two or even 3 sires....could they do blood tests to prove which pup belonged to which sire???

Think that’s easier to do,-: as in telling you who’s related rather than what’s in the make up👍

• Like 2

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

Edited by Gilbey
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Dog dna test do you think they come back with the correct results?🤷🏻‍♂️

Why what u fecking done this time 

• Haha 5

I think embark are reputed to be fairly accurate, others not worth a shite from what I can see. The European Plummer chairman gets his tested with viaguard (the ones that ask for a picture)_ the results are comedy gold.

Edited by tinytiger
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

Yes same as they do on people 

• Like 1

is this to do with the minshaw thread??..lol.................

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

Yeah, folk deliberately have dual sired litters and get them tested and registered to the right sire

There was a coursing greyhound litter a few years ago that were dual sired,the ones off the dog that jumped the fence were a lot better than the ones by the number 1 stud dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2