• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 bipods and can't get away them in the field, I much prefer my primos trigger sticks (tripod). Only use the bipods for zeroing. 

Reading your posts about this, I don't see you have the need for one if you want to shoot off of bales.  They're good if you shoot from a vehicle cab or bonnet. But who is going to lay down on the gro

You should bro. I will use my cheapo airgun, my better airgun or my or. Forget paper, shoot shot shell hulls, leaves, tiny pebbles, spinners, anything but paper! I did exactly the same with

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Lot of you saying sticks, any preference on amount of legs? I like the look of the uk shoot warehouse rifleman ones.

Four stick, forming two legs and two rests (quad sticks). Save ya pennies and knock a set up from those plastic coated green garden canes from B&Q. :good:

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Harris is worth the expense, knock offs are shite. Only time I use a bipod is when zeroing. Otherwise I shoot off sticks or prone off the rucksack.

Wing mirrors are handy too! :laugh:

Not when some clown shoots the blighter into a million pieces.   I've seen that one before where a bloke who was sitting in the back seat of a crew cab took a shot out of the front window.  It was a safe shot as the muzzle was outside of the door  but the mirror wasn't  taken into consideration. expensive shot.

8 hours ago, philpot said:

Basically it is a very expensive camera tripod.  each segment of the legs has to be released and locked................very slow to use.

Phil

There rock solid with none or very little flex, to get a camera tripod as rigid you need to spend similar money,the Ebay camera 100quid ones have to much flex, leave the legs locked out so very quick an easy to deploy just adjust one leg if on very uneven ground, there’s someone on eBay selling the saddles for 55 ish but you’ll need to get a very expensive tripod to stop the legs from flexing. 

2 hours ago, nick703 said:

There rock solid with none or very little flex, to get a camera tripod as rigid you need to spend similar money,the Ebay camera 100quid ones have to much flex, leave the legs locked out so very quick an easy to deploy just adjust one leg if on very uneven ground, there’s someone on eBay selling the saddles for 55 ish but you’ll need to get a very expensive tripod to stop the legs from flexing. 

Fair point but I wouldn't spend that much when the Primos at less than half the price and self leveling which this one is not and so needs altering manually on uneven ground.

I take your word that is is rock solid well all I can say is that all the Primos users I know will tell you the same for that kit too.

Phil

23 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Four stick, forming two legs and two rests (quad sticks). Save ya pennies and knock a set up from those plastic coated green garden canes from B&Q. :good:

Absolutely, I’ve been using mine for years. I’ve made some modifications over time . I’ve added a fifth leg (see picture) this helps reduce any forward or backward rocking , and makes these sticks incredibly stable . I’ve also added rubber grommets off electrical wall sockets to stop the sticks rattling when you carry them . Rubber bungees to connect them and allow them to open instantly to the right size for your rifle . I’ve also added a small webbing strap to stop them opening too wide . All for about £10 .

84165C38-6DCB-45F0-9098-4FAD53D60CA3.jpeg

014E4B15-E554-4D7D-BBF2-5F081A9BFF6C.jpeg

DF73CC1A-5499-4F80-A6DF-018A3BA6CC54.jpeg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Absolutely, I’ve been using mine for years. I’ve made some modifications over time . I’ve added a fifth leg (see picture) this helps reduce any forward or backward rocking , and makes these sticks incredibly stable . I’ve also added rubber grommets off electrical wall sockets to stop the sticks rattling when you carry them . Rubber bungees to connect them and allow them to open instantly to the right size for your rifle . I’ve also added a small webbing strap to stop them opening too wide . All for about £10 .

Aye, I've shot deer out to 300 off them without too much fuss. Head shoot rabbit out beyond 100 all day long. For a quick snap shot on a bumped deer in woodland I'll just flick em out as if regular two piece sticks but for anything I have a bit of time on I'll utilise the full quad utility.

Folks can spend a ton on sticks if they want, I'm certainly not afraid to part with cash for the right kit, but for my money these ten quid DIY jobies do all that the other shit does, and I don't give a f**k about loosing them.

IMG_6636.JPG.ff9c70afe2c1ae478fca0fd430f9bc2f.JPG

• Like 2

It just does not compute in my mind that some people are talking about things costing hundreds of pounds or stuff like some exotic multi leg camera tripods.  This is kranky. Most of this stuff would be totally use less in the field.  by the time it had been deployed Charlie would be in the next county.  If your in or off of a vehicle you ain't going to use or need sticks. If your walking the stuff has to be light, simple, robust easy to move quickly to a new position and cost bigger all because it is going to get covered in mud and chucked about in the back of a truck. If you look  at the close up pictures that SL has posted you can see that there's a quantity of residue on the sticks and that is up the clean end. Just cut a couple of sticks out the hedge and tie them together and try them to get an idea of how sticks perform. Everyone is different and what suits some  others think is rubbish. Whatever the thing is it has to be stable.

I only use my sticks when I can’t use my vehicle . In fact most of my shooting is done off a bi pod on the front or roof of my mule . However there are times when I have to go on foot . Particularly now it’s very wet . This is when the sticks come in . They are very quick to deploy with a bit of practice. The only drawback is if you are tracking a moving fox then you have to reposition it a bit which is annoying. I know there are systems out there that cope better with a moving mount , but are they worth the extra expense , personally I doubt it . 

• Like 1

I only use my sticks when I can’t use my vehicle . In fact most of my shooting is done off a bi pod on the front or roof of my mule . However there are times when I have to go on foot . Particularly now it’s very wet . This is when the sticks come in . They are very quick to deploy with a bit of practice. The only drawback is if you are tracking a moving fox then you have to reposition it a bit which is annoying. I know there are systems out there that cope better with a moving mount , but are they worth the extra expense , personally I doubt it .