6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I’d go along with that , sticks are a necessary evil . I was at the gun shop the other day and was talking to an old keeper who has retired now but has loads of permission and shoots a lot of deer and wild boar and makes a living at it . I’m not joking this guy is a legend In  Gloucestershire and I’m going to mention his name because someone will know him .....Bill Taylor ! He has probably shot more things with a heart  beat than anyone on this site  . What does he use ? A couple of bags filled with rice . He showed me them . His Mrs knocked them up out of some corduroy trousers. The front bag is quite large and fairly solid and the smaller bag gets tucked under his armpit and squeezed to increase or decrease elevation. He has a platform welded and attached to the back of his pickup, from which he shoots . I prefer the Harris bi pod but am thinking of trying bags . Might try and find them old corduroy trousers ?

Bloody hell, it's getting worse!

So let's run through this again.

I need to get:

4x4

Heavy barrel

Huge mod

Bi pod

Quad sticks swivel thingies.

Some old trousers filled with uncle Ben's best.

Isn't all this going to be a little noisy?

• Haha 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got 2 bipods and can't get away them in the field, I much prefer my primos trigger sticks (tripod). Only use the bipods for zeroing. 

Reading your posts about this, I don't see you have the need for one if you want to shoot off of bales.  They're good if you shoot from a vehicle cab or bonnet. But who is going to lay down on the gro

You should bro. I will use my cheapo airgun, my better airgun or my or. Forget paper, shoot shot shell hulls, leaves, tiny pebbles, spinners, anything but paper! I did exactly the same with

Posted Images