Sign in to follow this  
Keaner

Barking at nothing?

thats for me what keeps the game interesting the end goal is the same but we do things different  what suits me might not suit you ...aint worth arguing the toss over on here 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If they all had the same work style it would get boring, each to their own, people like different types same as the motor they drive and then people need a certain type for the work they do, same as the motor. 

• Like 1

Peg them far enough away so they don't interfere with anything on the dig, still gives them experience if pups?

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Peg them far enough away so they don't interfere with anything on the dig, still gives them experience if pups?

Cheers, D.

we`d check 6/7 places some days all one one permission so we`d take 3/4 dogs with us and tether them if any one of us had a pup on it used to come along for the ride just how we did it dont suppose we gave it that much thought till you look back i know when  we were kids we`d have half a dozen dogs running about used to be like a circus looking back dogs all over the place terrier to ground 4 of us digging like nutters with the old fellas garden spades 😀

Edited by sid g
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, fat man said:

If they all had the same work style it would get boring, each to their own, people like different types same as the motor they drive and then people need a certain type for the work they do, same as the motor. 

You mean to say not all terriermen drive a range rover .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Being blunt mate and blowing smoke up my arse in huge clouds ,the dogs  I’m used to are rather full on and best kept calm by any means possible .Taking more than one to a dig would be unthinkable and would ruin the ambience .

your still got your own terriers on fd ? 

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

You mean to say not all terriermen drive a range rover .

If you do fd fair fucks to you, but I can say hand on heart I don't know any terrier man that drives a range rover, I've an old vitara but it gets me where I want. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, fat man said:

If you do fd fair fucks to you, but I can say hand on heart I don't know any terrier man that drives a range rover, I've an old vitara but it gets me where I want. 

I know 2 TBH

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2020 at 19:36, sid g said:

your still got your own terriers on fd ? 

Yes mate but the desire to push them or me is dwindling a bit have to say .

• Like 2

On 29/12/2019 at 12:40, Keaner said:

Anyone on here ever entered a new terrier to ground and found it baying at nothing while going back and forth from a entrance? 

I have seen this before when terrier was too big for tubes... bayed out of frustration 

5 hours ago, Runningdogs1998 said:

I have seen this before when terrier was too big for tubes... bayed out of frustration 

Totally different mate, most will give a noise through frustration, running about in and out barking on scent is what he is saying the issue is 

• Like 2

A lad I know calls them ‘peepers’, run around an empty earth baying at nothing and coming to a hole, peeping out and going back in. What a f*ck on, I had a dog that used to do it when I was a young lad, used to drive me mad, I simply couldn’t put up with it nowadays.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

A lad I know calls them ‘peepers’, run around an empty earth baying at nothing and coming to a hole, peeping out and going back in. What a f*ck on, I had a dog that used to do it when I was a young lad, used to drive me mad, I simply couldn’t put up with it nowadays.

Did that dog come good in the end or not?