and the price of bread

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lab x I grew up with, she new more about the hunting game than me, proper old school poaching bitch fur and feather. Lab mother collie grey father of unknown percentage. Possibly 3/4 greyhound 1/4 col

this turned out not the way i was expecting lol...a positive buzz of this topic ,,best of luck with the venture

If we can get it sorted mate I’ll breed a litter

Posted Images

This thread has taken an interesting turn!

We have a lab and she was brilliant in the field and very obiediant just to slow to catch owt! Always wondered why there wasn't lurchers with lab in them. Will definitely bring summat to the table with intelligence, coat, feet, obiediance instinct to retrieve.

Think 1x might be a bit much and next gen may be better, only my opinion not based on much as I have never bred a litter!

Will be very very interested to see if this breeding happens and how the pups come one. Keep us all updated guys. ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

A strong lab should be able to work all day and bring more than enough stamina to the mix so I would edge towards a fast grey myself.

And good feet i would imagine.

7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

This thread has taken an interesting turn!

We have a lab and she was brilliant in the field and very obiediant just to slow to catch owt! Always wondered why there wasn't lurchers with lab in them. Will definitely bring summat to the table with intelligence, coat, feet, obiediance instinct to retrieve.

Think 1x might be a bit much and next gen may be better, only my opinion not based on much as I have never bred a litter!

Will be very very interested to see if this breeding happens and how the pups come one. Keep us all updated guys. ?

Your half way there to breeding a litter, ever thought about it ?.

4 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Your half way there to breeding a litter, ever thought about it ?.

I think I will one day but got 4 mutts here already.

If my runner turns into something worth taking a pup from I would but it'd only be  when Im ready, for me to have a pup.

Just my opinion but I expect it will take atleast 5-6yrs before I could say if she is good enough to breed from. As said, just my opinion.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Wor aboor a springador cross ?, I hear they are the shit with the moorland keepers etc

Springerdor would drop the size of the pups slightly I reckon. It would certainly make a interesting cross

• Like 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

If a labx had come up before this kelpie cross of a seriously a considered a bitch pup out litter, seen a few as a lad aswell as retriever crosses an they were type a dog I like, nice steady and do most jobs you could want of a dog that type?

I have never heard anything bad about the cross and heard lots of people say they've known good ones but I've never known anyone to have one either. 

On paper they should tick all the boxes for me, let's hope reality pans out that way. Fingers crossed!