SUPER POACHERS ??????

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. 68 and still above ground mate, still ferreting three days a week if I can this time of year. Fishing in the summer, fungi and foraging in the autumn. Use it or lose it. Cheers Arry

think the art of stealthy poaching went out the window when people started lobbing bull crosses out of subarus and tearing up fields , then plastering catch pics all over facebook , I count myself luc

No mobile phones no hidden cameras no old bill in fekin helicopters us that did a bit from the 70s to the early 90s had easey compaired to now days.lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, micky said:

They did not exist all you needed was a Gun Licence 7/6 d  from the Post office ( 37.1/2 Pence) and for a few years in the 60s  you needed nothing all you had to be was 16 years old and you could buy as many as you wanted to.

I used to love the smell of them cardboard cartridges back then and the smell that hit you when you went in ironmonger stores which stocked cartridges, wires, purse nets and trusty old lambs foot pen knifes.

Them Biakal cartridges we used to buy in boxes of 10 from secondhand shop and I didn't like them. One would go bang the next fut, the shot was all sizes in and miss shaped.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Arry said:

I used to love the smell of them cardboard cartridges back then and the smell that hit you when you went in ironmonger stores which stocked cartridges, wires, purse nets and trusty old lambs foot pen knifes.

Them Biakal cartridges we used to buy in boxes of 10 from secondhand shop and I didn't like them. One would go bang the next fut, the shot was all sizes in and miss shaped.

Cheers Arry

Got a good old flame out end of barrels as well ! 

56 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Got a good old flame out end of barrels as well ! 

Yes mate and the crap up the barrel when you came to clean the gun. I had a Winchester Cooey 12 bore full choke back then. A CID copper sold me and my mates guns that where handed in when there was a gun amnesty. Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Those Biakal  came in packets of ten  and they also made 12 Bore Tracer  Rounds 

2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Same here mate think I remember the weblley air gun were you could change the barrel to 177 from 22 think it was the hawk.

remember it well, bought up with relums and bsa meteors. your right about the hawk. 

3 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Fcuking hell the thl has turned into god's waiting room, are you all at the same old people's home on one computer? 

Lol.

68 and still above ground mate, still ferreting three days a week if I can this time of year. Fishing in the summer, fungi and foraging in the autumn. Use it or lose it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 10
3 hours ago, fred90 said:

remember it well, bought up with relums and bsa meteors. your right about the hawk. 

Bought my first air gun from the old lady’s club book Wembley hawk mk3 we could also by shotgun cartridges as kids from the local gun shop no problem and used to fire them with the air rifle by sticking them on the end of the barrel, well shakey but brilliant fun as a young teenager, even when gun licences came in you would still only get a slap on the wrist and loose your gun if you got caught, could also buy 10 chews for a penny ????

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Good news fellas I've just phoned Saint Philomena's home for elderly moochers and matron said if you're all good and eat your liquidised cottage pie and tapioca she'll let you watch the good old days video before bedtime at eight.....??

Its turned into Last of the Summer Wine on here...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Fcuking hell the thl has turned into god's waiting room, are you all at the same old people's home on one computer? 

cheeky young scrote, lol, id like you to no im 75, and still got teeth, although at the mo they are in soak, eh, and while  im here what day is it, and where am i

Edited by iworkwhippets
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

You would have loved to have lived those years ,times you cant even imagine ,but hey ho ,you young uns know best ! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Bought my first air gun from the old lady’s club book Wembley hawk mk3 we could also by shotgun cartridges as kids from the local gun shop no problem and used to fire them with the air rifle by sticking them on the end of the barrel, well shakey but brilliant fun as a young teenager, even when gun licences came in you would still only get a slap on the wrist and loose your gun if you got caught, could also buy 10 chews for a penny ????

Good times ! No poxy cabinet ,just kept my single 12 ,and .410 under the bed ,all legal ,bloody "cert" ??

• Like 1