Sign in to follow this  
Allan P

Bushing Border Collies.

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Nowt in mind joe? 

Local lad is lining a greyhound bitch with a farm collie like I described, he said I can have a dog pup out the litter or I have been fancying sourcing a pure collie puppy that I can rear as a lurcher. I would be hard pushed to add any collie blood to my lurchers that I havnt seen run.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The sire is the dog I posted above.

where you based?

Just now, SheepChaser said:

Hampshire but I get about the country.

I like the look of your collies.

• Like 1

I’d love to put some videos up but they are too big. They are good dogs, and I know that might sound arrogant, but it’s like any dog, you get out what you put in.

Average flock of sheep in the Uk is 300 sheep, we are running about 6000 breeding ewes at peak time, and some cattle. The dogs are out pretty much seven days a week, and working mobs of up to 2000 head of stock (fattening lambs) regular.

Also it just happens that both me and the lad who works for me full time, and both Lurcher men (he keeps earth dogs to), so are a bit prone to flinging them out the truck at other stuff haha.

• Like 7

That's got some coat on him would he throw a similar sort of coat over a greyhound 

4 hours ago, fatlad said:

That's got some coat on him would he throw a similar sort of coat over a greyhound 

He throws that coat when put to a smooth coated collie, so I’d think you’d get some rough coats over a grey. 

• Like 1