Life , is it all worth the stress ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll start with an apology to anyone I’ve offended as of late I’ve been a bit brusque lately and I’m sorry for any offence I’ve caused  I don’t really know what I’m doing writing this here in a f

Money comes and money goes but your family are there forever and are the most important thing in life. I lost a lot of time with my kids and they grew up fast without me knowing them properly ... luck

I love that film, seen The Who live too, twice. Took my mam up to gateshead years ago and we had the disabled platform to ourselves, Daltry walks on stage and my daft thing of a mum uses her everythin

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Penda said:

He's got the moves 

I love that film, seen The Who live too, twice. Took my mam up to gateshead years ago and we had the disabled platform to ourselves, Daltry walks on stage and my daft thing of a mum uses her everything to stand out of her wheelchair and scream his name ? I put her straight back into it and said mam we have it good here, if you do that again they'll kick us off ?... no they won't she says, she stands back up, Roger gives her a point and a shout out and I spend the next two hours holding her up while she wiggles... fuucking mods ???

Edited to add; I probably shouldn't post this but hey... it's my old mum lol ?

20191119_224516.jpg

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 11
  • Haha 3
38 minutes ago, gurnster75 said:

How's it worked out for you? 

Not too bad, straight into a job luckily. Money was much less to start but it's more or less the same now with overtime.

Miss things like phys and the lads, but got enough going on to keep myself busy lol.

How about you?

4 hours ago, gurnster75 said:

That's so strange,  I was due to start a 2 year distance learning degree with Pompey Uni in January as part of a promotion, the wife's health has deteriorated this year and I came to the same conclusion as you.  My time is more valuable than the pay rise on completion of the hours spent doing the degree.  That was a few months ago now and it was definitely the right decision,  never regretted it.  You mention civilian life,  you ex forces? Good luck and hope it all works out for you and your family. 

I’m still in mate 

basically i was due to start a foundation degree in civil engineer with a few add ins to pave the way to being a basically a a jack of all trades professionally qualled soldier 

no Bergan etc 

Now im back to the grind 

On 18/11/2019 at 23:41, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ll start with an apology to anyone I’ve offended as of late I’ve been a bit brusque lately and I’m sorry for any offence I’ve caused 

I don’t really know what I’m doing writing this here in a forum of public strangers but I suppose this is the closest thing I have to social media and access to a group of people I share viewpoints with. 

Today I may have shot myself in the foot, I was due to start a degree  level course in January, something that is feted and grabbed for in my line of work. It’s two years long and Would mean I’d be hanging up the tools I’ve used for over a decade for a laptop and a cushy number for my vocation with a seamless transition to civilian life. 

I cancelled that today face to face with the college and I’ve just got back from the a12 to home. 

In early October , we experienced something as a family no one should , I won’t go further into detail but I’ve had some great advice from members on here? to sit on my hands and let the authorities deal with it . We have and due to one thing or another we haven’t reached the conclusion we hoped for. 

Last week I came in and looked at my wife . She looked tired and fed up. We’re a long way from home and we don’t really have a support network here. My kids are growing fast and I don’t think I’d want to miss the next two years in a classroom and with a laptop in the corner at night. 

We have a good life here, we’re settled , we both work, but it’s not home.

So we sat down and had a serious chat .

Financially we’ll be worse off , I’ll probably end up going abroad again at some point. It will mean new schools , a new motor probably , yet another job change for her , I’ve spoken before about my girls adhd and it will mean she’s uprooted from her school etc 

But sometimes it’s not enough having just a few extra quid left at the month.

Not when you think of what that is really costing you. 

Lifes too short for them not to know their grandparents or where I grew up . 

So we made the decision to up sticks in the new year and instead of heading to the south east , we’ll be going home. Possibly back to Cumbria , possibly to North York’s. 

I don’t feel great about this , or what I’ll do . But as I write this , I’m sat outside looking at the sky. I can hear the ferret rattling around in the cage, my little lad snoring in bed and my lab is sat with his head on my knees. 

I suppose last few years I’ve been that focused on the future that I’ve forgotten what’s important. 

We live in a here and now world , it’s hard not to want to strive for a better future. 

I suppose  what I’m trying to say is that time is the most important element in the world.

you can make more money , you can replace stuff, but you can never get time back. 

I feel like I’ve had a load lifted from my shoulders today knowing that my life will once more be in the lands just under the border. 

Sometines it’s just nice to go home and know what’s important 

I have no idea what your troubles are and dont need or want to know.....but i found that quite hard reading as i sense a good man there.

Much of my life has been a disaster so i wouldnt dream of giving you advice......through my own choices ive lost time and ive lost family but " home " was there all the time and its the place i,ll always be drawn back to so for what its worth i think you are making the right move.

It sounds very much to me like you are about to hit the reset button in safe and familiar surroundings......i genuinely hope you find what your looking for and live a happy and productive life

• Like 4
8 hours ago, mushroom said:

I love that film, seen The Who live too, twice. Took my mam up to gateshead years ago and we had the disabled platform to ourselves, Daltry walks on stage and my daft thing of a mum uses her everything to stand out of her wheelchair and scream his name ? I put her straight back into it and said mam we have it good here, if you do that again they'll kick us off ?... no they won't she says, she stands back up, Roger gives her a point and a shout out and I spend the next two hours holding her up while she wiggles... fuucking mods ???

Edited to add; I probably shouldn't post this but hey... it's my old mum lol ?

20191119_224516.jpg

Fair play to her the power of good music?

• Like 1