Life , is it all worth the stress ?

4 hours ago, bird said:

spot on mate, as prob one of the older lads on here, yep your long time dead, and by god does it go fookin  fast. yeh your family come 1st deff mate, ive got 2 lovley grand kids, top class son who i love , he better man than i ever be, i am glad he took after his mother and not like thick fecker  like. i never got on with my old man, were were like to pits having a go. but i made sure that me and my son got on better in life. i will say onething about my old man though he always made sure we had enough food and money on the table, we fell out as i got older with my boozing  chasing skirt, i was living at home at time and he  didnt like my life style, suppose looking back fair enough i was mid twenty s . if you got your health/strenght , and somebody that you love and they feel the same about , well you won the lottery  in life      Fact

Bet you was a right young tyrant round those dance halls ray did you used to bust some moves in your teddy boy suite brill creamed hair and crapes?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll start with an apology to anyone I’ve offended as of late I’ve been a bit brusque lately and I’m sorry for any offence I’ve caused  I don’t really know what I’m doing writing this here in a f

Money comes and money goes but your family are there forever and are the most important thing in life. I lost a lot of time with my kids and they grew up fast without me knowing them properly ... luck

I love that film, seen The Who live too, twice. Took my mam up to gateshead years ago and we had the disabled platform to ourselves, Daltry walks on stage and my daft thing of a mum uses her everythin

Posted Images

Nothing better than for a man to make his own decisions and pave his own life.

Children and wives will always feel more secure, safe and happy when a man takes the lead and shows confidence in his family and does things his own way.

You'll never regret doing it your way, even if things don't work out exactly as you hoped for. But, you'll always regret it (and you should) if you do things other people's way, because your heart will not be in it. Good luck

• Like 1

I gave up the easy life for the rat race and tbh my hyper personality is quite suited to the pressure of it. Would I make the same decision if I was still with my ex and we were still a family unit... probably not. The push for me was breaking up, a bit of freedom and an opportunity. I did all my studies years ago but never worked in the industry I studied (Bachelors in Maths and HND in general engineering). I ended up with a kid, during my studies and needed to fulfill my responsibilities as a father, which I did. Now I work in business and have worked my way pretty high up, to be fair. I had my own company and I'm now employed as head of business outside of Spain, so my responsibility is global. I'm responsible for the strategy, aligning that with the employers goals and then implementing it.

Did I lose out on family time? Absolutely and I've always regretted it.

Do what you think is right. Personally, if you're given an opportunity to retool, along as it doesn't impact your family life too much, I would say take it. 2 years is fuuck all, if at the end you're taking home bags of sand a week, I missed a whole lot more than 2 years mate but at the very least my kids will walk out of Uni debt free, should they choose that path ;)

I will say kids are pretty adaptable but if you have kids with autism, ADHD etc, only you know how they will react.

I lean more towards the "throw in the deep end" philosophy lol. When my daughter came here, I refused to help her with speaking Spanish, while out and about... couple of years later and she has her exams in Spanish, rips the piss in Spanish or Catalan and I've no idea what she's saying. Fully overtook me the little shit ?

• Thanks 1

I often look at all them people charging to the train station in the morning,and cars fighting thier to london everyday,like lemmings,years and years of it.thier faces look robot like... its difficult because stuffs not cheap and to enjoy your life,with kids its a costly affair,cars,fuel,tax,kids clubs,hobbys,mortgage,insurance,food,bills,etc,etc all add up.so i tell my young lads at work that when you get a wife,and kids you wont see them much cause you be out thier trying to pay for them.i worry myself sick about pension money,or i mean lack of it,cause i got none.but got a few large,gaffs ive paid up on to flog off when ive had enough.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I gave up the easy life for the rat race and tbh my hyper personality is quite suited to the pressure of it. Would I make the same decision if I was still with my ex and we were still a family unit... probably not. The push for me was breaking up, a bit of freedom and an opportunity. I did all my studies years ago but never worked in the industry I studied (Bachelors in Maths and HND in general engineering). I ended up with a kid, during my studies and needed to fulfill my responsibilities as a father, which I did. Now I work in business and have worked my way pretty high up, to be fair. I had my own company and I'm now employed as head of business outside of Spain, so my responsibility is global. I'm responsible for the strategy, aligning that with the employers goals and then implementing it.

Did I lose out on family time? Absolutely and I've always regretted it.

Do what you think is right. Personally, if you're given an opportunity to retool, along as it doesn't impact your family life too much, I would say take it. 2 years is fuuck all, if at the end you're taking home bags of sand a week, I missed a whole lot more than 2 years mate but at the very least my kids will walk out of Uni debt free, should they choose that path ;)

I will say kids are pretty adaptable but if you have kids with autism, ADHD etc, only you know how they will react.

I lean more towards the "throw in the deep end" philosophy lol. When my daughter came here, I refused to help her with speaking Spanish, while out and about... couple of years later and she has her exams in Spanish, rips the piss in Spanish or Catalan and I've no idea what she's saying. Fully overtook me the little shit ?

Your still a Dingle.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2

That's so strange,  I was due to start a 2 year distance learning degree with Pompey Uni in January as part of a promotion, the wife's health has deteriorated this year and I came to the same conclusion as you.  My time is more valuable than the pay rise on completion of the hours spent doing the degree.  That was a few months ago now and it was definitely the right decision,  never regretted it.  You mention civilian life,  you ex forces? Good luck and hope it all works out for you and your family. 

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Your still a Dingle.

Cheers, D.

Funnily enough I was on holiday with my mate and his family earlier this year and his mum just turns to me and says (with a disdainful look on her face, might I add) "oooo don't you sound posh now you" ? I immediately dropped into the strongest Dingle accent I could muster ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1