Knife for sale only £620

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leading on from a thread in the country crafts section. A link was put up of a bird in America selling farrier file knives made for chefs and charging $800 so I decided to ha e a go at knocking one up

Second knife done .......

Here’s the pair ......  

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, socks said:

Leading on from a thread in the country crafts section. A link was put up of a bird in America selling farrier file knives made for chefs and charging $800 so I decided to ha e a go at knocking one up today to see if I matched hers. Well I think their pretty similar so £620 is the equivalent of $800 ... don’t all rush at once I will take orders ? 

hers. 
F3B99309-8BC3-4E7A-8989-256A63313A0B.png.2ffe6f108cef665d0398cee7bf0db631.png

mine ......

48AFCCE9-A6C5-4E14-A338-0740AD5A062F.jpeg

good job ken  just need to grow your hair and some tits  and hey ho  ,700  a knife  ?

just sent these chefs knives out for heat treatement , there high end austrian stainless , pure b,sd to grind full flat grind with no plunge line nice distel tapefr from handle to tip  ,stillalot of work to do when i get them back  

DSC_0001.JPG

• Like 2
1 minute ago, riohog said:

just sent these chefs knives out for heat treatement , there high end austrian stainless , pure b,sd to grind full flat grind with no plunge line nice distel tapefr from handle to tip  ,stillalot of work to do when i get them back  

DSC_0001.JPG

Do you not do your own heat treating ??? 

5 minutes ago, socks said:

Do you not do your own heat treating ??? 

carbon steel yes mate , but these go into a atmospheric controled furnace  ,then dipped in liquid nitrogen to produce max hardness  removes retained austenite in sgteel  . then twice tempered back to 59 rc, proper job mate , its 2.5mm thickness  .there will be no scale after h/t  and there is no air movement in the furnace so little chance of warping .

13 minutes ago, riohog said:

carbon steel yes mate , but these go into a atmospheric controled furnace  ,then dipped in liquid nitrogen to produce max hardness  removes retained austenite in sgteel  . then twice tempered back to 59 rc, proper job mate , its 2.5mm thickness  .there will be no scale after h/t  and there is no air movement in the furnace so little chance of warping .

Proper scientific then mate ?

• Like 1