Mortgage advice

On 01/11/2019 at 08:55, NEWKID said:

Times have certainly changed regards getting a mortgage mate, but perhaps it needed to be tightened up...I mean their was money being thrown around left right and centre to people with no chance of keeping up payments!

With the interest rates still as low as ever known borrowing to invest ain't a bad idea, Greyman is in a good position his monthly repayments will be repaid plus some in rent...

I'd tie in for a longer term if possible at the moment though as its uncertain times and interest rates could fluctuate during it...

Famous last words! :laugh:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One last picture as I’m still ever so slightly excited, this was the moment of realising a dream I’ve had for most of my life am also able to give my daughter and grandkids a stable family home in the

Guess what I,ve just bought ????? couple of pics from inside, all the China wear came with it, I have added nothing or removed nothing ?

This is what it actually is, it’s called a Leeds and Liverpool short boat originally used to transport goods, but instead of a cargo hold its got accommodation, this one was made for somebody in 1995

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Indeed it is but the only thing you can guarantee to fail at are the things you don’t attempt,  ???

I wasn't talking about you failing mate (not that you have), I was talking about COVID hitting just after NK said we're living in uncertain times. :thumbs:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Some lenders now wanting a 20% deposit .

I don’t no what that means, I,m buying a small ship like this so don’t need a deposit, I need a bundle of hard cash so I can go and make some seriously cheeky offers until some poor sole sells me there ship for double cheap cash moneys, ????

C26FB280-DBA5-4589-93E1-D6E5D5FA3B0D.png

E26C2279-FAEB-4DEF-8F6A-DE2AE05DEBF9.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks great got to say. Good for you. What happens when you get these big floods though and you stick your head out and and its a raging torrent with old oak trees whistling by. Or don't canals work like that. Its all very interesting how it all actually works. I did watch few youtube videos out of interest once and there's lot of good tips on what to expect etc 

Edited by terryd

Fair play GM taking the plunge "excuse the pun" I put this link on before for this narrow boat inside is amazing...Peter cushing wouldn't look out of place....

I've been a keen watcher of this guy's channel for a good year or so.

Lots of good info on. Costs of buying.owning and living on a boat..

""Cruising the cut"".is his YouTube channel name....

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, king said:

Fair play GM taking the plunge "excuse the pun" I put this link on before for this narrow boat inside is amazing...Peter cushing wouldn't look out of place....

I've been a keen watcher of this guy's channel for a good year or so.

Lots of good info on. Costs of buying.owning and living on a boat..

""Cruising the cut"".is his YouTube channel name....

Is this available on DVD? 

• Haha 2
On 31/08/2020 at 14:36, Francie said:

Are you going to be docked in a canal or a river grey, what's the craic way legalities, do you have to pay to be on the water? 

I will be on a canal mate and will be classed as a continuous cruiser which means I have to move every two weeks still cost a couple of grand a year in licences and insurance but much cheaper than living in a marina, plus I,m not doing it to just live amongst 100s of others I want to escape ?

21 hours ago, terryd said:

Looks great got to say. Good for you. What happens when you get these big floods though and you stick your head out and and its a raging torrent with old oak trees whistling by. Or don't canals work like that. Its all very interesting how it all actually works. I did watch few youtube videos out of interest once and there's lot of good tips on what to expect etc 

Canals are controlled mate and seldom flood, my oldest daughter moved onto a boat 2 years ago and is still loving it no floods yet? and my son has bought a doer upper that he moved onto this summer they both live in a marina as they have regular jobs and need a base ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I will be on a canal mate and will be classed as a continuous cruiser which means I have to move every two weeks still cost a couple of grand a year in licences and insurance but much cheaper than living in a marina, plus I,m not doing it to just live amongst 100s of others I want to escape ?

Canals are controlled mate and seldom flood, my oldest daughter moved onto a boat 2 years ago and is still loving it no floods yet? and my son has bought a doer upper that he moved onto this summer they both live in a marina as they have regular jobs and need a base ?

Fairplay greyman, so could you live on a big river in one of them boats, or would the tides hinder it? 

30 minutes ago, Francie said:

Fairplay greyman, so could you live on a big river in one of them boats, or would the tides hinder it? 

Plenty do live on rivers need moorings that rise and fall and a dinghy for times when the bank is a long way, will probably spend some time on the upper Severn and Avon in the summer but return to the canal in winter ?