food inventory and others on rearing pups

so I kept a log on the cost of rearing these pups just out of interest,to see what the expense might be ,and thought you might find it interesting..this includes the bitches care as much as the pups  also

so here goes,from day 1

Stud dog :200 euros

vet checks:120 euros

Lamblac:16 euros

ox hearts (22) :88 euros

Lidl beef mince (45 packets):160 euros

home made stews,barley,beef,veg etc ,etc: 20 euros

2.5 kg bags of beef mince (8):24 euros

tripe,(1 bag of 5 kg):6 euros

7 trays of chicken mince:26 euros

worming bottle:22 euros,

and 6 and a half weeks of agony ,....priceless lol

Total comes to 682 euros .... 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

?That's a lot of vonga, especially to an OAP like myself.

But, putting things into perspective,.I was with a pal yesterday and he paid £600 cash, for a top-class Working springer spaniel pup.

I do believe that if you truly want something, and have a real passion for the job,...well, whats money eh,...feck it,...you cannot take it with ya:toast:

All the best, Phil...?

DSC_3629.JPG

• Like 6

It's a lot of wonga to me also,but I wanted no regrets when all was said and done,if it doesn't hit the target then at least I'll know it wasn't from bad rearing,If I get a great companion/working dog,spread over 12-15 years...it's worth it all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

?That's a lot of vonga, especially to an OAP like myself.

But, putting things into perspective,.I was with a pal yesterday and he paid £600 cash, for a top-class Working springer spaniel pup.

I do believe that if you truly want something, and have a real passion for the job,...well, whats money eh,...feck it,...you cannot take it with ya:toast:

All the best, Phil...?

DSC_3629.JPG

Well said Phil, if your going to do it do it right, there's no excuse for not providing the best for a bitch and her whelps. It can be costly but it's the only way 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

so I kept a log on the cost of rearing these pups just out of interest,to see what the expense might be ,and thought you might find it interesting..this includes the bitches care as much as the pups  also

so here goes,from day 1

You only have to look at the picks you put up of your litter to see that all that time and money was well spent and worth it ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive not done many litters but couple i have done got a good kick out of seeing them fat and happy in top nick. Id like to take a litter of my terrier bitch but main thing put me off is when i done a litter of spaniels getting them docked by a vet was quite unsettling moving bitch and pups taking them into a place for sick animals when i couldve done the necessary at home with minimum stress. Aswell as another coupel hundred they then owe ya on top of everything else.

Edited by C.green
20 hours ago, gamerooster said:

682÷9= you robbed me, how could you do me like that, I thought we where going to be kelpie friends for life

Lol...you are more than all the pups together while you were here ye savage,I should have added 500 on to yours lol

On 11/10/2019 at 07:25, jigsaw said:

so here goes,from day 1

Can you not get raw cheaper, I think the fella that dilivers to me does Cork his meat is good quality if you want his number he's cheap 

1 hour ago, peterhunter86 said:

Can you not get raw cheaper, I think the fella that dilivers to me does Cork his meat is good quality if you want his number he's cheap 

yeah i could ,but i wanted to give the pups human grade 18% fat, the best i could find , from here on in i now am down grading to the regular meat,,their strong enough to handle that now

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

yeah i could ,but i wanted to give the pups human grade 18% fat, the best i could find , from here on in i now am down grading to the regular meat,,their strong enough to handle that now

You've thought this through jig, haven't you?! ? lol ?

• Sad 1