"Meat is Cancer!"...............................NOPE!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-meat/steak-is-back-on-the-menu-if-a-new-red-meat-risk-review-is-to-be-believed-idUKKBN1WF283

“This study will, I hope, help to eliminate the incorrect impression ... that some meat products are as carcinogenic as cigarette smoke, and to discourage dramatic media headlines claiming that ‘bacon is killing us’,” said Ian Johnson, a nutrition expert at Britain’s Quadram Institute of bioscience.

Christine Laine, editor in chief of Annals of Internal Medicine, noted that nutrition studies are challenging.

“To be honest with our patients and the public, we shouldn’t be making recommendations that sound like they’re based on solid evidence,” she said. “There may be lots of reasons to decrease meat in your diet, but if you’re decreasing it to improve your health, we don’t have a lot of strong evidence to support that.”

I've been of this opinion for a while and that extends to saturated fat too. The anti meat/sat fat thing has become something of a religion! And you can see that in the responses from that lot in the article. They're essentially wanting to censor this study because it threatens their 'meat is cancer' bottom line. Anti science bullshit!

• Like 3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything in moderation is the answer.

At the risk of being boringly obvious here moderation, variety in whole foods etc & cutting out man made shite in your diet has to be key. I’ve been working on my diet for years which has included

The one thing I have noticed with regard to health is that the vast majority of old men have flat stomachs. The grim reaper loves fat bellies. I've seen a lot of my friends die before their time of ob

I'm a right in thinking that eskimo type folk don't have heart disease and much other stuff....yet eat loads of mammals both land and sea ...loads of protein and fat...but not much in the way of starchy or fiberous carbs ...sugar....or grains of course.....

theres lots of studies  out there at mo suggesting its these things that are killing us....

• Like 3

Can guarantee that a person that eats meat of all sorts, AND animal fats as well, as part of a balanced diet, I hate that term, is healthier than any vegetarian or vegan, especially vegans. Veganism is simply a radical eating choice that is based on 'emotion' rather than health, and is NOT as healthy as they'd like people to believe

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I'm a right in thinking that eskimo type folk don't have heart disease and much other stuff....yet eat loads of mammals both land and sea ...loads of protein and fat...but not much in the way of starchy or fiberous carbs ...sugar....or grains of course.....

theres lots of studies  out there at mo suggesting its these things that are killing us....

I've been saying that to some people for years tomo lol ?

theres something else i herd .....but not sure if its true or not...so don't quote me....

but one of the blood types doesnt work very well for vegans.....if that makes sense ......or in other words if your this blood type don't become a vegan....

oh and that vegan influencer on youtube who had more than 3 million followers was caught eating meat and been doing for some time....the reason......yep she was becoming unwell on the vegan diet

• Like 1

The one thing I have noticed with regard to health is that the vast majority of old men have flat stomachs. The grim reaper loves fat bellies. I've seen a lot of my friends die before their time of obesity. I make it a habit to keep myself thin. If I start to get porky and lethargic I don't eat much  and move more until I lose the weight. Simples.

• Like 3

At the risk of being boringly obvious here moderation, variety in whole foods etc & cutting out man made shite in your diet has to be key. I’ve been working on my diet for years which has included cutting down meat intake, increasing fish, vege etc. We eat meat on the weekends & the best quality we can get regardless of it being red meat or not & we do find we enjoy it much more like that.

what really pisses me off when they start talking about studies & reducing meat intake etc etc is they never mention consuming wild meat like its some taboo subject? Meanwhile you’ve got an increase in veganism which means more avocados flown half way across the world & deer numbers have doubled on your doorstep.

• Like 4

The older I get the less I like Meat and when I do eat it I like the cheap stuff Offal ,Tripe , Breast of Lamb Sheep head[ that's now banned ] or Pigs Feet , I suppose its how you are brought up !never had a Pizza or that stuff in a block what they slice bits off of , for Supper I  like Toast and Pork Dripping ,Cheese or Sardines , never liked any of this ready made stuff because its full off Cancer as my Mam told Me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

While I was reading about the carnivore diet I came across the case of the Eskimo and also I think the masai before western influence. Both ate an extremely high animal diet but as jukle has pointed out it's not at all conclusively good/healthy.

I've said before that I am on a strict diet on Drs orders. Basically all meat, fats, fish, seafood anything that had a pulse is ok. Most things you consider incredibly healthy, I cannot (or I'm not supposed to) eat. I noticed I was very tired for the first few months, lost what little weight I had and started looking badly ill. Went to the dr's and kicked off that I felt like I was dying lol. She told me to stick to it and stop bitching (I kid you not, she said that ?)

Fast forward to now and I'm putting weight back on, my energy levels are gradually rising again and I can polish off a kilo of dead animal without feeling any discomfort.

A lot to be said for the paleolithic/animal diet. Obviously I include other foods such as nuts, some roots, white rice, quinoa, potatoes etc and fruit has to be citrus or berries. Overall I feel better with almost zero processed starches and fructose sugars, no fast food shit (not that I ever ate a lot) and no cheeky kebabs after a night out. The one thing I really miss, is onion ffs ?

Vegans and vegetarians all have to supplement their diet with vitamins and B12 injections and tablets. My ex who is veggie and eats cheese and eggs etc still has to have a B12 injection regularly, even though I have told her about marmite.